Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

They may have the money but NOT the sort of people I'd want to invest in the Albion

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From the BBC - Eccelstone and Briatore in early negotiations to buy QPR.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/6941056.stm

I just don't like Bernie Ecclestone but the final sentence would have been enough to set the alarm bells ringing if I were a QPR fan -

The 76-year-old said then: "If somebody offers me something I think is good value, I will have a go. I'm interested in anything if it's cheap enough."

Would you be happy to be taken over by such a rich mogul and his mate??? After all he has turned F1 into a massive earner so he certainly knows how to market the product. A complete meglomaniac though.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
would be brill certainly invest and know how to runa biz

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd shit myself if I was a QPR fan. Their ground is on among the most expensive land in west London.

Exactly,I am pretty certain that that's where the interest lies, not in the football club. I guess that's one big advantage we have, whoever decides to invest will struggle to have an ulterior motive that involves selling what we have, because we have nowt.

The guy ecclestone is a comlete prick with his talks of trying to stop the taking part of the british grand prix & go other places. He's as bad as that Jack Warner guy. Peas in a pod if i ever saw.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I would love the to have someone with that level of investment at our club. Its not as if we have anything to take at the moment is it!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I would love the to have someone with that level of investment at our club. Its not as if we have anything to take at the moment is it!

Which would explain why nobody but a fan is interested.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think we will get the investment. Once the final hurdle has been breached next month.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I agree that Loftus Road is a potential goldmine, but the money that Ecclestone and Briatore could raise by flogging it off would be small change to them, there must be an alterior motive...can't for the life of me see what it is though.

If they were looking to take over a London club and sell the ground off to make a quick profit then I would have thought that either Barnet or Brentford would have been safer bets as neither would likely have put up so much opposition. Like I said earlier, I think there is an alternative motive, it may just be that they want to run a football club.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I agree that Loftus Road is a potential goldmine, but the money that Ecclestone and Briatore could raise by flogging it off would be small change to them, there must be an alterior motive...can't for the life of me see what it is though.

Once the Goldstone was knocked down it sold on for 25 million 10 years ago, I hardly think Loftus Road would be small change even to Ecclestone!! We are talking 10 years on and in London

Just another thing on a meglomaniacs portfolio I would think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here