Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These travel vouchers ... and checks

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Every home game so far has seen us get on a busy train at West Worthing, which gets progressively more jam-packed the closer we get to Brighton. We get off at Brighton and queue up for an even more sardine-like 8 minute ride to Falmer. Ditto on the way back.

I realise the train company has been easing itself in over the first few games, but realistically, how is it ever going to manage to check tickets/vouchers with such a compressed mass of humanity trying to get to the game.

Can't really see it happening, tbh. Anyone else agree? :shrug:

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Yeah, they were supposed to be enforcing the travel vouchers today but I didn't see any evidence of it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There has been no sign of checking / collecting yet on my route from Wivelsfield.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
nope no one at the gates at Lewes on the way but a ticket inspector on the way back who said we could keep those tickets? If we had gone out the car park exit I don't think they would have been checked

albionite

May 20, 2009
Wasn't needed on the P & R from the racehill either today......not quite sure what im getting for my £30 spent so sar?

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I travelled from Shoreham by train with my lad today and no one asked to see our vouchers at any point in either direction....

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Wasn't needed on the P & R from the racehill either today......not quite sure what im getting for my £30 spent so sar?

Irrespective of purchasing the tickets you are getting parking and a bus ride to and from the station so in all honesty your getting something for your £30. Unless you are suggesting we don't pay for this service the club lay on for us.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Irrespective of purchasing the tickets you are getting parking and a bus ride to and from the station so in all honesty your getting something for your £30. Unless you are suggesting we don't pay for this service the club lay on for us.

Im not suggesting we don't pay. But the way it's being run at the moment, I wouldn't be suprised if people are freeloading which then makes the £30 I have spent a waste of money.

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
I'm sure they are working out a plan as to how to check the tickets. I say it is better to have them and not need them rather than need them and not have them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here