Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These tight undershirts that footballers seem to love...

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I saw on Serie A the other day a player wearing a scarf! What with all the glove wearing bollocks it makes me wonder what sort of men they are. Defoe was wearing black tights the other day, I'm suprised they are allowed to wear more than the normal kit.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Professional footballers wear them to look buff, I do not wear one as I would look pregnant.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I wear something under my shirt to help keep me warm, take it off when I bathe & put another one on after my bath, it seems to do what its supposed to do & is highly recommended - its called a vest & costs about £3.99 at m&s.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I wear a shortsleeve/high-neck nike baselayer when I am training with my rugby (yes rugby!) team. They are brilliant for those freezing Monday Walsall evenings, they keep you pretty warm and are very comfy. I can't say I ever worn one for a match, but would definately recommend them as an undergarment for training.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They're just the football equivalent of cyclists love of gaily-coloured lycra next to the skin IMHO. Highly suspect ???

That will be me then, having just come back from a blast around Arundel.
I have a few of these and for me they work really well in keeping sweat off my body, hence keeping better temperature.

As for looking pregnant, tis not so, they seem to work more like a girdle sucking everything in :D:D

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As well as acting as a thermal layer they reduce the natural "bouncing" of muscles. This bouncing can waste energy and adds to muscle fatigue and recovery time.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I use them and they take sweat away from the body.

Then again I take Creatine so I have been known to jump on the odd fitness bandwagon!

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I wear the top n shorts to keep warm. Very Rarely wear gloves as thats just poofy, another recent fashion is wearing white socks over your football socks with loads of tape, think they are copying Ronaldo - who is poofy too.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
the winter ones are long sleeved,so if you only have short sleeved tops you aint gotta choice

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
And just what is wrong with a big woolly jumper and a flat cap I may ask?

Fgoalkeeper3.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here