Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These 8000 extra seats

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Not at all, I meant if we ever did, although it is unlikely, just saying that it wouldn't look good, and I'm sure the team down the road will be laughing.

Why do you even care what the team down the road might be thinking you defeatest cock

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why do you even care what the team down the road might be thinking you defeatest cock

Rather unnecessary and nasty. Pipe down.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Getting back to the topic, the biuld programme will be about 10 weeks with 2 weeks for snagging

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As our ground like all constructed today is steel frame construction any adaptions for the east stand 2nd tier will be completed to a very short programme. Filling in the corners is just a matter of bolting down seats , 10 weeks would be ample time for the upgrade.

Spot on.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I'd like to see just the corners filled in this summer with the east stand second tier coming the summer after if we are near on selling out most home games.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
from what i have been told the steel work has already been made & is stored in the east stand, behind the massive Amex banner. good forward planning by the club as it was all made at the same time to cut down on cost & save time when the expansion goes ahead.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If Buckingham can demolish a stand, and build the entire bottom tier of a new stand in less than 3 months at Molineux, including all of the turnstiles and kiosks and have it up-and-running for Premier League games, I'm sure they can slot in an extra tier and fill in the corners at the Amex, in significantly less time.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Rather unnecessary and nasty. Pipe down.

Your negativity is also demonstrated by your posts on the other similar thread...

The club needs to grab the chance to go forward... end of story... luckily, Tony B KNOWS THIS, even if you are too stupid / pessimistic to realise it... you have the vision of Mr Magoo...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Your negativity is also demonstrated by your posts on the other similar thread...

The club needs to grab the chance to go forward... end of story... luckily, Tony B KNOWS THIS, even if you are too stupid / pessimistic to realise it... you have the vision of Mr Magoo...

When have I been negative? I think you're rather missing the point. I'm very much in support of the expansion of Amex because it increases the number of supporters who can watch the team and it increases the financial potential of the club. What I have said on the other thread is that the club would be vulnerable to a campaign along the lines of 'better not bigger' if the infrastructure was not seen to significantly improve before an application for expansion was made. That, after all, was the point of the thread, to discuss whether expansion was 'in jeopardy.'

Are samej and you capable of having an open discussion without resorting to unnecessary insults?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
When have I been negative? I think you're rather missing the point. I'm very much in support of the expansion of Amex because it increases the number of supporters who can watch the team and it increases the financial potential of the club. What I have said on the other thread is that the club would be vulnerable to a campaign along the lines of 'better not bigger' if the infrastructure was not seen to significantly improve before an application for expansion was made. That, after all, was the point of the thread, to discuss whether expansion was 'in jeopardy.'

Are samej and you capable of having an open discussion without resorting to unnecessary insults?

For infrastructure, you were talking about transport. That's an important issue as far as the council is concerned.

You were also talking about catering. That's irrelevant as far as the council is concerned.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not at all, I meant if we ever did, although it is unlikely, just saying that it wouldn't look good, and I'm sure the team down the road will be laughing.
That could happen to any club in the 4 divisions,.... why single us out for extra derision?.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here