Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stuck in almost standstill traffic trying even approach Shoreham. Police should be out dealing with this. It’s insane.

Welcome to Brexit Britain. Where the traffic never ends and the food flows like brickwork.

Sod’s law for folk in your neck of the woods. The A27 closed for the weekend.

C7721921-57C9-44DE-AFE1-E967830A4193.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
“Only a mug or a pauper let’s his car get down to the fuel light coming on….here’s a story about when I let my fuel run out”
:lolol:

I have been a mug, a wanker and worse in my life,I will happily hold my hand up to it.

I have certainly been a pauper too! I may be one again :down:

How very un NSC :lolol:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Stuck in almost standstill traffic trying even approach Shoreham. Police should be out dealing with this. It’s insane.

Welcome to Brexit Britain. Where the traffic never ends and the food flows like brickwork.

This thread is about farcical petrol shortages caused by people panic buying. I've never engaged in Brexit debates but you in particular seem to be crow-barring it in at every opportunity. There are logistics issues being suffered across world shipping from containers, European and domestic haulage.

Traffic in Shoreham is not a new phenomenon either. Maybe you should move abroad, might do you good.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have been a mug, a wanker and worse in my life,I will happily hold my hand up to it.

I have certainly been a pauper too! I may be one again :down:

How very un NSC :lolol:

Haha! No harm meant, sounds like quite an interesting story . Jjust gave me a chuckle as I’m sat in traffic watching the petrol seekers lose their shit with each other. All over petrol that was there yesterday and will be here for the foreseeable. What fools we are! :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This thread is about farcical petrol shortages caused by people panic buying. I've never engaged in Brexit debates but you in particular seem to be crow-barring it in at every opportunity. There are logistics issues being suffered across world shipping from containers, European and domestic haulage.

Traffic in Shoreham is not a new phenomenon either. Maybe you should move abroad, might do you good.

Yes dear.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haha! No harm meant, sounds like quite an interesting story . Jjust gave me a chuckle as I’m sat in traffic watching the petrol seekers lose their shit with each other. All over petrol that was there yesterday and will be here for the foreseeable. What fools we are! :)

My wife and three year old had to wait over 3 hours for me to get back with a can of petrol. It was July and midday. I had to walk a kilometre to the nearest petrol station which was closed from12 to 2. I am still reminded of how they nearly died of heat exhaustion waiting for me to get back. No mobile phones so they had no idea what was going on :lolol:

Maybe you can understand why I am now so paranoid about running out of fuel since!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My wife and three year old had to wait over 3 hours for me to get back with a can of petrol. It was July and midday. I had to walk a kilometre to the nearest petrol station which was closed from12 to 3. I am still reminded of how they nearly died of heat exhaustion waiting for me to get back. No mobile phones so they had no idea what was going on :lolol:

Ha! I hope you got an ice cream !

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Your post was an absolute classic of the genre, Clampy :)

I am something of an antique dealer. To be fair, it’s the silly old duffers getting on the bus and trying to have a bit of a laugh with the driver about it all that’s holding us up.
Plus it’s the weekend so it’s all amateur bus passengers; the “you first” mob holding us all up , just get on you old ******** and stop trying to charm the old ladies. People paying with notes, no tickets on their phones, tramping about in shoes they can’t walk in. They are the real problem here, All Johnson has done is boot out loads of lorry drivers :)

Anyway, I apologise for my scorn. It took an hour to get home after a 15 hour night shift and now I’m trying to get into work for another 15 hour shift with 4 hours broken sleep. It wears on one’s nerves darling. Nevertheless, we are fairly rocketing along now and some right sawts just got on so the only way is up baby!
Next stop… the sunlit uplands :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’ve had mates and many colleagues over the decades who lived in Worthing or Lancing, working in Brighton or Hove.

Every few weeks it seemed, another traffic disaster. Countless accidents on the A27, their getting home time of normally 6pm ….. 8 or later.

Traffic piling through Storrington, Botolphs, the Norfolk Bridge, past the Swiss Cottage pub, Shoreham High Street.

Rinse and repeat every few weeks.

Each cueing up huge :catfight:’s in the Argus comments section about the standard of driving in the UK.

Why do Brightonians endure that regular hell, personally I wouldn’t …. “Because you get so much more for your money in Worthing and Lancing”.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I am something of an antique dealer. To be fair, it’s the silly old duffers getting on the bus and trying to have a bit of a laugh with the driver about it all that’s holding us up.
Plus it’s the weekend so it’s all amateur bus passengers; the “you first” mob holding us all up , just get on you old ******** and stop trying to charm the old ladies. People paying with notes, no tickets on their phones, tramping about in shoes they can’t walk in. They are the real problem here, All Johnson has done is boot out loads of lorry drivers :)

Anyway, I apologise for my scorn. It took an hour to get home after a 15 hour night shift and now I’m trying to get into work for another 15 hour shift with 4 hours broken sleep. It wears on one’s nerves darling. Nevertheless, we are fairly rocketing along now and some right sawts just got on so the only way is up baby!
Next stop… the sunlit uplands :)

Good luck with the rest of your journey, mate. Sounds like you need a well earned break at some point :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ve had mates and many colleagues over the decades who lived in Worthing or Lancing, working in Brighton or Hove.

Every few weeks it seemed, another traffic disaster. Countless accidents on the A27, their getting home time of normally 6pm ….. 8 or later.

Traffic piling through Storrington, Botolphs, the Norfolk Bridge, past the Swiss Cottage pub, Shoreham High Street.

All cueing up a huge :catfight: in the Argus comments section about the standard of driving in the UK.

Why to Brightonians endure that regular hell, personally I wouldn’t …. “Because you get so much more for your money in Worthing and Lancing”.

To be fair, I am always heading away from traffic with my shift times. In the morning I can be home in 20 mins-25 mins. Today it took an hour and ten. Ive been innit for an hour on my into work now.

And while I absolutely agree there is often issues along the Brighton road, I am on it twice a day, early every day for six years now and it has never been as bad as today.

Still wouldn’t move back into Brighton though.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You waited 41 pages to give yourself the biggest woosh to the most obvious troll line that has already been admitted? Top work.
Shut up man. I haven't got time to read 41 pages. So just posted what I thought. As for trolling, is that your default setting you go to when someone posts something you don't agree with?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

All cueing up a huge :catfight: in the Argus comments section about the standard of driving in the UK.

Why to Brightonians endure that regular hell, personally I wouldn’t …. “Because you get so much more for your money in Worthing and Lancing”.

The problem is that there is only the two roads crossing at the Adur, the flyover and the Norfolk bridge, all traffic East and West has to bottleneck there and if one or the other is closed it leads to utter chaos. Sadly, nothing will change as there are no viable alternatives.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

a27 shut at lancing is mostly the problem, got stuff for over an hour earlier

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be fair, I am always heading away from traffic with my shift times. In the morning I can be home in 20 mins-25 mins. Today it took an hour and ten. Ive been innit for an hour on my into work now.

And while I absolutely agree there is often issues along the Brighton road, I am on it twice a day, early every day for six years now and it has never been as bad as today.

Still wouldn’t move back into Brighton though.

Shoreham’s always vulnerable to bedlam. Last year the chaos outside McDonalds in the pre and post lockdown Mc feasting. Buses, genuinely, had to be rerouted from the A259.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here