Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There's never a GOOD time to be an exile, but........

nawtygully

Aug 6, 2010
same here been a fan since 1964 moved to leics passionate bout the albion but like you say outside looking in.. i just hope when it comes to a game might be able to go to the amex.. and yes agree regrets.. yes bout moving here try to get to away games a few know me on here lol

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I have to say that I am stunned at the replies this thread has generated! It is with regret that I didn't get a season ticket due to work commitments (will never get to see more than 4/5 saturday games per season) but now think I should have!

I do also feel for the exiles that cannot get to see the boys on a regular basis but the generosity that has been offered is amazing.

What a wonderful gesture from all those that have offered their tickets out to those that would otherwise struggle to see any games at all!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If no luck I reckon I'll get one for Gillingham

I can say with 90% chance I've got a spare ticket in the North Stand for this, I as I said yesterday I can confirm one way or the other by tonight.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
When are you classed an exile? Surely this would be an apt name for someone living abroad, say USA or AUSTRALIA, but to say I am an exile because I live in Exeter.....not for me. One guy said he was exile in London? I ask you, 50 mins away on the train! I currently live in Southampton, am I an exile? I think not!
If you are living in say Exeter and you really want to get to games of course you can, I understand that their is more expense but honestly you are not that far way in the big scheme of things!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
???

I know & understand exactly how you feel.........
I started watching Seagulls in about 1973 (old bastard) when we used to skive of from school (west Tarring in Worthing) to catch the train for Div 3/4 afternoon games, that train was packed with school kids from all along the coast!
Left school & joined Her majesties Navy and hardly got there for years, but do remember being there to see us beat Ipswich in Div 1, Peter Ward scoring the winner :flameboun
Then the total dismay / happiness of being in the Falklands when we beat Sheffield Weds to reach the FA cup final,
Foster (captain) suspended, and how did Gordon Smith miss that 89th minute winner?
Then into the pub trade and only seeing them away as and when in my area...
Zamora scores to beat Bristol City ... 2001/2
Beating Bristol Rovers in Carling Cup the following year then moved to Spain, then back to West London, but no tickets as at Withdean so..
0 - 0 away to Brentford......
And then here I am in Daventry and we lose 3 - 0! To f******* Northampton! ( still getting sh1t from my customers now!)
And then happy days, this year Coventry & Birmingham shitty :blush:
But that's what we Brighton supporters do, many a Nigel would have given up by now and moved their caravan to Portsmouth for a cheap ticket.

But now I have an iPad so can follow NSC and I do every minute of every day.

Come on Gus !

Hi Fran - there's Seagulls fans in West Haddon so if you ever fancy a pint and a footie chat just shout!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When are you classed an exile? Surely this would be an apt name for someone living abroad, say USA or AUSTRALIA, but to say I am an exile because I live in Exeter.....not for me. One guy said he was exile in London? I ask you, 50 mins away on the train! I currently live in Southampton, am I an exile? I think not!
If you are living in say Exeter and you really want to get to games of course you can, I understand that their is more expense but honestly you are not that far way in the big scheme of things!

If you were born or brought up in Sussex and consider it to be Gods chosen country, if you live anywhere else you are an exile. It's nothing to do with distance. I have lived in Marchwood and been to Totton many times, so you should realise what I am talking about. :eek:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Great thread - it is difficult being removed from all the excitement that must be going on locally. Living Down Under I thought that my chances of being able to get to the first game were zip. You can imagine how I felt when I got an e mail from my mates back in Brighton saying that they were clubbing together to fly me back for the game and that a ticket was secured. It's the type of thing that moves a grown man to tears I can tell you!! It will be a little bittersweet as I will want to be at every game but I can't explain how emotional and excited I feel right now. Football's only a game? Nah I don't think so.

Take note 'friends'. !!!!! :)

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
for all those exiles who rock up and try and get one of the match day tickets, let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
wow, feeling the pain of some people on here, and i'm only 260 miles away.

i have a season ticket but cannot afford to go to many home games.

the closer it gets the more i feel isolated, actually.

There must be a few exiles in similar places...why not ask around on here and see if any others up your neck of the woods would be interested in lift shares, for example, or going for a multi-person rail discount where applicable?

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Dont know if i'm classed as an exile but i was born and bread in the brighton & hove area (1973) and always followed the albion everywhere, season tickets, away games, FA cup final div 1 playoff final last match at goldstone etc etc...But moved to sunny Cyprus in 2000. Been following the matches on radio, net, Tv etc where possible but just NOT the same as being there.. really miss those cold wet tuesday night games.. I have a contact who can apparently get me into the exec box on matchdays at the amex so hopefully when i come over I can get to see my beloved albion once again.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I've been overwhelmed by the generosity shown by NSC'ers as a result of this thread, I wasn't expecting this at all. Obviously, I can't take you all up on your offers all at the same time, but that doesn't mean that I'm any less grateful to each and every one of you who have offered to help me and other exiles to see the team we all love. My sincere thanks to all of you, I'll be in touch!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I completely concur, being so far away is tough when so much good stuff is going on. Our love of BHA is no less than anyone with a season-ticket. When you support Brighton from a distance you just have to get lucky with which games you go to. I've done Macclesfield on a tuesday night, Hull with useless Cameron, Mansfield under Jeff Wood, 17th away defeat in a row at Doncaster and seen us play Rochdale 6 times and never beat them -and yet missed out on the game at Hereford, all our play-off semis and finals, every single game we've ever been promoted or crowned champions (but was there for our relegation at Grimsby).

.. but I'm not complaining, any chance to see the stripes is great. I followed all those games on the radio, or via NSC, or in the case of Hereford, from the Kenya Daily Nation three days after the game had finished - and that becomes part of the rich tapestry of our own personal history of supporting Brighton and Hove Albion.

I'll be flying back in on August 1st and I desperately hope it will be with a ticket in hand for Donny, I'll be on that ticket website from minute no. 1 they go on sale (Someone has to get those 1500 tickets, why not us?). If no luck I reckon I'll get one for Gillingham, hopefully Pompey, Cardiff away, maybe another home game at the end of the month - and then its back to Borneo. I'm so jealous of you guys who can watch CMS and Lua Lua and the rest every game this year.

I'll also be living in Devon, in Dawlish, so if you want a lift for any of these games ExmouthExile, in my natty little Citroen, then give us a shout. :thumbsup:
See you at Cardiff Si :wave:

edit:fantastic thread this. Very heartwarming, we're all one big family really, its brilliant.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Coming home for a month in April/May. First time since 2002. Don't expect a ticket, but bet your life I'll be hanging around the Amex drinking the Atmos and daydreaming about Steve Penny. T Connor, G Nelson, et al.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here