Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There's never a GOOD time to be an exile, but........

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
May have a spare ticket for either this Saturday and or Gillingham if one of you would like it.

If you do let me know and I can tell you if its available by tomorrow evening.

North Stand.

That is very kind of you, Drummers.
I am working both of those dates, but thank you very much all the same.

Good luck with your seating issue.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Totally agree with this. Seriously, these offers have brought a lump to my throat, and in response, all I can say right now is that there is a possibility I will be in Sussex sometime in either October or January, so I'll have to inspect the fixture list and see who's playing, and see if we can work something out, but totally understand if it's not possible. Again, thanks very much fellas!

I'll be in Brazil in January, may be a possibility there.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
May have a spare ticket for either this Saturday and or Gillingham if one of you would like it.

If you do let me know and I can tell you if its available by tomorrow evening.

North Stand.

Would love to be there on Saturday, but thanks to a call from the fraud department this morning to let me know that some person in the United States has been helping themselves to my money (£500 to be exact) I'm now financially crippled until I can get it refunded. Thanks very much for the offer though

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Great thread, only in as much as bringing the subject up...my dad and I both live one the West Coast of the States and one of the hardest things for him and my mum to do when they moved here, was for him to give up his Withdean season ticket, the deciding issue was the choice of seeing all 4 grand kids on a regular basis, or seeing them once a year, giving up the ticket is something he never mentions but I know is still a tough subject to talk about.

They go back every year to see at least two games, and this year we are all coming back in the hope of seeing the first game at Falmer...he and I would then have seen the Albion play in all four of the clubs homes since 1975, obviously we are now really struggling to even get a sniff of a ticket for the first game.

Watching the ground grow, the positive football, ambitions of the club, the Knight/Bloom years, studying NSC and Seagulls.co.uk daily to find any scrap of information we can on the team and club has been nothing short of a miracle, obviously we are out of earshot of everyday chat between people living in Sussex, or even driving along the A27 to go about everyday life, so what we see via the net and hear on the radio each week is a very vital and addictive lifeline.

It is all bittersweet right now, even to the point where I am avoiding opening any threads that relate to the first game, as I am going to feel so bad for my dad if he is not able to get to the game, I have my fingers in at least seven pies to try and get him (and hopefully me) a ticket, calling in every favor and even begging on FaceBook and all my old work and social contacts.

I guess to answer your question this is an extremely tough but very proud time to be an exile, pointing perfect strangers towards the Albion because of the change of culture regarding the club on a massive scale has created a change, that we never thought we would see and has even brought tears to my dads eyes on the subject, albeit after a few glasses of something cold and alcoholic.

:albion2:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Been going since 1978, goldstone, gillingham, withdean and moved to Oz 7 months ago. I will get back one day and will be glued to my computer during the nights when we play. I am gutted to be missing this, and it is a massive miss on my part, but I made the choice to come here. I only hope that when I do jet in, I can get a ticket, it is the only thing I will pre-arrange. Looking at 2012 :(

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd hand my ticket over to exiles for them to see the revolution... not every week mind!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
50 years a fan and even when I lived away from Brighton I managed to get there for many games otherwise it was home and away and I have now managed to get myself for financial reasons stuck in eggchasers country with the neighbours from hell.
BUT................................I am pretty sure I'm on my way home(or near home Chichester or Crawley area) it means I will be listening on player for the first games at Falmer.
then I will be sorting out some way of seeing MY team live
crocked as I am I don't know which is more exciting coming home or going to Falmer
the move will be horrendous, painful but happy.

The Bear

Dec 21, 2010
Really great to hear people speaking like this and offering such generosity. Me and my Dad are in very similar positions to the OP. He was bought up in Brighton as were one side of my family and for this reason although being a middle England boy I have followed and supported the Albion since my first game at the age of 7 (now 26). He's chalked up over 120 grounds and I'm on 94 watching the stripes the length of the country and have obviously been to countless games at The Goldstone. Gillingham and Withdean.
Because of our locality and commitments we decided not to get season tickets for Falmer but with the current demand both feel that was a HUGE error! Having both been blue members for as long as the scheme's been running and with our booking history we were informed that we would be "well up the list" when tickets were available for the new stadium. This does not seem to be the case as the old points system has been scrapped. Totally understand the new system in place but just wish there was some kind of loyalty scheme based on booking history for exiles like ourselves.

Just hoping to be quick enough off the draw when these 2000 match by match tickets come available.

Neeeeeeeed to be at that game! Donny ticket anyone???

Heart warming thread. I'll never be able to afford the sort of property I have up here in Sussex, and consider that I have already 'done my bit' by trekking to matches over 35 years. I don't begrudge the JCLs their season tickets whether returning or new fans; I'm just so happy that we are in a situation where the home areas are going to sell out for every game.

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
I know how you feel

???
........ at this moment in time, I feel absolutely gutted to be living in Devon!

Financial restrictions mean that I seldom get to see the Albion play, maybe 2 or 3 times per season, which means I have no chance of seeing them play in the new stadium for at least the next 2 years. I'm sure many of you will say that I don't deserve a seat in the Amex, but I'm as passionate about this club as any other fan .... have been since 1983 when I used to follow the club home and away week after week. Unfortunately, circumstances which I couldn't avoid brought me to Devon, and I'm pretty much stuck here .... leaving the Albion behind was, and still is my biggest regret to this day

Now, seeing the pictures of the new stadium, and reading along with all the excitement and build up to the new season in the Championship, I feel as excited about it all as everyone else does, but totally on the outside looking
in. Talk about sticking with the club through thick and thin, even from an exile's point of view, it's hard when times are bad.... but it's even harder when times are good!

I was just wondering how other exiles out there are coping with all the excitement buzzing around the club right now, but not being able to be a part of it?

:albion2:

I know & understand exactly how you feel.........
I started watching Seagulls in about 1973 (old bastard) when we used to skive of from school (west Tarring in Worthing) to catch the train for Div 3/4 afternoon games, that train was packed with school kids from all along the coast!
Left school & joined Her majesties Navy and hardly got there for years, but do remember being there to see us beat Ipswich in Div 1, Peter Ward scoring the winner :flameboun
Then the total dismay / happiness of being in the Falklands when we beat Sheffield Weds to reach the FA cup final,
Foster (captain) suspended, and how did Gordon Smith miss that 89th minute winner?
Then into the pub trade and only seeing them away as and when in my area...
Zamora scores to beat Bristol City ... 2001/2
Beating Bristol Rovers in Carling Cup the following year then moved to Spain, then back to West London, but no tickets as at Withdean so..
0 - 0 away to Brentford......
And then here I am in Daventry and we lose 3 - 0! To f******* Northampton! ( still getting sh1t from my customers now!)
And then happy days, this year Coventry & Birmingham shitty :blush:
But that's what we Brighton supporters do, many a Nigel would have given up by now and moved their caravan to Portsmouth for a cheap ticket.

But now I have an iPad so can follow NSC and I do every minute of every day.

Come on Gus !

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I'm moving abroad next month, so I'm going to miss the whole of next season. Still, they show Premiership games on terrestrial telly on a Saturday where I'm moving to, so maybe the season after next I'll be able to watch Brighton from the sofa with a Czech lager in hand!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i have 2 season tickets and drive up the A38 from Plymouth most home games if you want a lift

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
Great thread - it is difficult being removed from all the excitement that must be going on locally. Living Down Under I thought that my chances of being able to get to the first game were zip. You can imagine how I felt when I got an e mail from my mates back in Brighton saying that they were clubbing together to fly me back for the game and that a ticket was secured. It's the type of thing that moves a grown man to tears I can tell you!! It will be a little bittersweet as I will want to be at every game but I can't explain how emotional and excited I feel right now. Football's only a game? Nah I don't think so.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Heart warming thread. I'll never be able to afford the sort of property I have up here in Sussex, and consider that I have already 'done my bit' by trekking to matches over 35 years. I don't begrudge the JCLs their season tickets whether returning or new fans; I'm just so happy that we are in a situation where the home areas are going to sell out for every game.

I have to say that I find the JCL thing offensive, because you go on to say whether new or returning. I have supported this club since 1970 and I was a disillusioned fan that walked away. I have nothing but praise and love for those that kept the flag flying. I think JCL is totally offensive to people and should be dropped from this forum. But Notts I am being general and I have quoted you because you happen to be the latest person that said it, nothing against you.

To those, and the reason I am posting this, that want a ticket whenever I am not able to get to the Amex, please PM me with an email and I shall make sure one of you guys gets my ticket when I cannot do it. No cost. I can't say fairer than that.

Cheers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great thread - it is difficult being removed from all the excitement that must be going on locally. Living Down Under I thought that my chances of being able to get to the first game were zip. You can imagine how I felt when I got an e mail from my mates back in Brighton saying that they were clubbing together to fly me back for the game and that a ticket was secured. It's the type of thing that moves a grown man to tears I can tell you!! It will be a little bittersweet as I will want to be at every game but I can't explain how emotional and excited I feel right now. Football's only a game? Nah I don't think so.

Great story. I want to give you a hug :)

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

bloody hell, that's amazing! Enjoy yourself.

also amazing to see the generosity of other fans on this thread. I gave up on the first game but want to plan my next trip back home around getting to a game.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I completely concur, being so far away is tough when so much good stuff is going on. Our love of BHA is no less than anyone with a season-ticket. When you support Brighton from a distance you just have to get lucky with which games you go to. I've done Macclesfield on a tuesday night, Hull with useless Cameron, Mansfield under Jeff Wood, 17th away defeat in a row at Doncaster and seen us play Rochdale 6 times and never beat them -and yet missed out on the game at Hereford, all our play-off semis and finals, every single game we've ever been promoted or crowned champions (but was there for our relegation at Grimsby).

.. but I'm not complaining, any chance to see the stripes is great. I followed all those games on the radio, or via NSC, or in the case of Hereford, from the Kenya Daily Nation three days after the game had finished - and that becomes part of the rich tapestry of our own personal history of supporting Brighton and Hove Albion.

I'll be flying back in on August 1st and I desperately hope it will be with a ticket in hand for Donny, I'll be on that ticket website from minute no. 1 they go on sale (Someone has to get those 1500 tickets, why not us?). If no luck I reckon I'll get one for Gillingham, hopefully Pompey, Cardiff away, maybe another home game at the end of the month - and then its back to Borneo. I'm so jealous of you guys who can watch CMS and Lua Lua and the rest every game this year.

I'll also be living in Devon, in Dawlish, so if you want a lift for any of these games ExmouthExile, in my natty little Citroen, then give us a shout. :thumbsup:

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
bloody hell, that's amazing! Enjoy yourself.

also amazing to see the generosity of other fans on this thread. I gave up on the first game but want to plan my next trip back home around getting to a game.

As I said to Edna it is incredible!! I think The Argus are going to run a story on it so will post a link on here if and when they do!!

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
I was hoping that the club would have sorted a ticket exchange out by now I hope to get to a game once a month and have identified an away game a month to go to , without a season ticket it's going to be almost impossible to get away tickets next season which a lot of northern exiles rely on. Luckily my family and friends will have use of my ticket when I'm not there however this makes things very difficult to administer when there is one smartcard for peope spread out everywhere.

I would gladly want to help people go to games but the difficulty for most people is having to rely on somebody you do not know looking after your smartcard, a book of tickets or a way of a smartcard season ticket holder transferring the ticket to another smartcard would be a huge help to everyone I'm not bothered about getting the money it's having my seat empty that bothers me. My seat was never empty at withdean as I just ripped off the tickets for games I could not go to and then was happy a stranger could use it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here