Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There's a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do?

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
So here's the story: the cat brings in a rat through the cat flap. Rat manages to escape and runs under the oven. Rat then makes a run for it, too fast for the cat but couldn't find the cat flap: so ran under the cupboards. I pulled out the fascia boards - and saw the rat's tail disappearing into the casing at the back of the washing machine (where the hose goes in). And that's where I believe it still is: quivering deep inside the washing machine, which I can't pull out cos it's a built in kitchen.
Suggestions please!!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
So here's the story: the cat brings in a rat through the cat flap. Rat manages to escape and runs under the oven. Rat then makes a run for it, too fast for the cat but couldn't find the cat flap: so ran under the cupboards. I pulled out the fascia boards - and saw the rat's tail disappearing into the casing at the back of the washing machine (where the hose goes in). And that's where I believe it still is: quivering deep inside the washing machine, which I can't pull out cos it's a built in kitchen.
Suggestions please!!

Ask Ali Campbell

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
put the cat in. Then a dog. And so on. Eventually she'll die. And all for swallowing a fly

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
now this could be good. do you have a camera or phone with a camera. reminds me of my seagull in a chimney experience....

oh - I don't have any constructive ideas. I'm not much use I'm afraid.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
turn the washing machine on.

I've tried that - no joy - even on fast spin. The cats (there are 3 of them) are all on standby - so I don't blame the rat for not coming out. But we have to do something - I do not want a dead rat in the washing machine.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
now this could be good. do you have a camera or phone with a camera. reminds me of my seagull in a chimney experience....

oh - I don't have any constructive ideas. I'm not much use I'm afraid.

I'm afraid that if you share that experience I'll lose all possible suggestions put forward as to how to get rid of my rat, buried under a mountain of `animals in the house' tales. But it does sound like a good story: let's hear it.....

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
A turnstile wouldnt stop the vermin regaining entry,although they do seem to be working in that way at withdean atm

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I'm afraid that if you share that experience I'll lose all possible suggestions put forward as to how to get rid of my rat, buried under a mountain of `animals in the house' tales. But it does sound like a good story: let's hear it.....

Then there was the time a gerbil became stuck in his back passage

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Just buy a humane trap from the pet shop and catch it and let it free.

Do NOT put poison down, cause what will happen is the rat'll eat it, then go hide somewhere and die.

Somewhere you can't get at and you won't be able to remove the rotting carcass thats stinking up your kitchen.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Just buy a humane trap from the pet shop and catch it and let it free.

Do NOT put poison down, cause what will happen is the rat'll eat it, then go hide somewhere and die.

Somewhere you can't get at and you won't be able to remove the rotting carcass thats stinking up your kitchen.

Will ordinary pet shops sell them? Or would I be better getting a man in? I fear time may run out - it's been in there since last night.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Plan A
Get a hoover attachment, put it over the entrance where the rat got in and suck that fucker out.

Plan B
Get a hose and put it over the way the rat went in and pump that bitch full of water. The rat will try and get out the way it got in, it will not sit there and drown, you won't have a dead rat in your machine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here