Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There's a new drink in town

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was drinking Desperados at uni about 5 years ago, it's not bad considering it is a drink with Tequila in but I much prefer Corona.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
They've just started a Christmas Cocktail in one of my local boozers, it's called a Dead by Christmas and it's got Strawberry Liqueur, Absinthe, Soda and Lime. It's lethal.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Go for a "Dark & Stormy".

Put a dozen ice cubes in a pint glass, add two measures of dark rum, chuck in 3 lime wedges, and fill to the top with crabbies ginger beer.

Bl00dy lovely, but about £7 a pint!!

wedgee

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
Yeah i remember i went over to france when I was in year 7 and drunk some of that shit I was paralectic on the ferry home and the boat was rocking side to side when I was spewing, still got 5days off school suspended to recover haha

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told when obtaining my first licence (1968) that Pernod had circumvented an old law in which Absynthe was banned and I would believe that rather than Wikipedia which any Tom Dick or Harry can add or subtract from.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Taken from the Absinthe web site

Legality of Absinthe

Absinthe was made illegal in many countries in the early part of the 20th century. However, recent court challenges in the EU have allowed the production and sale of absinthe once again. Throughout Europe, Absinthe distilleries have increased their production due to the burgeoning popularity of this drink. These days, Spain, the UK and the Czech Republic are the largest producers of Absinthe.

In the US, absinthe remains illegal to produce or sell. However, Absinthe is legal to own or purchase by the public and many US citizens do so from stores located outside the USA. In Canada, absinthe has never been banned and can be found sold in liquor stores.

Obviously the laws have been changed.

Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I was told when obtaining my first licence (1968) that Pernod had circumvented an old law in which Absynthe was banned and I would believe that rather than Wikipedia which any Tom Dick or Harry can add or subtract from.

We've got about eight different types of Absinthe on sale where I work... pretty safe to say, even if it was banned in '68, it ain't now.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
been drinking it for a few months now (pretty much since i've been at uni). love the stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here