Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There'd Better Be A Response From the Team at Ipswich

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nope. The game HT is referring to is the DRAWN home game - where we went a goal and a man down very early, and battled back to draw. And here are the results prior to that game:

16. Round 13/11/2010 15:00 A Hartlepool United 1:3
17. Round 20/11/2010 15:00 H Bristol Rovers 2:2
18. Round 23/11/2010 19:45 A Southampton FC 0:0
20. Round 11/12/2010 15:00 A Huddersfield Town 1:2
23. Round 29/12/2010 19:45 H Charlton Athletic 1:1

Plus we limped past Woking and FCM in that time also.

The only thing I got wrong was the result v charlton. I included the cup games in my run because there was a couple of them (along with snowe off games) making the gap between league games so big that I would argue that the cup games feed into the teams momentum more than a league game a couple of weeks previous.

draw v bristol
draw v southampton (strong defensive performance, holding out despite the pressure)
draw v fc united (scrappy game mostly second string against a team with nothing to lose, with a last minute penalty miss)
win v fc united (with more first teamers, I would argue that a comfortable 4-0 win away is more than limping past them)
loss v huddersfield (was that the one where Lualua was injured?)

dddwl heading into the game v charlton

win v bristol
loss v leicester (deserved loss)
loss v liverpool (overawed first half, but in fairness I wouldn't expect this to affect momentum since they are a bigger team)
draw v leeds (terrible first half, silly sloppy ending undermining our ability to close out a game)
loss v palace (terrible last 70 minutes with no fight, no desire to win the ball back, and unable to play our game)

wlldl heading into ipswich.

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Excuse my language, but (Noone, CMS and Bridcutt apart) they f***ing owe us one after that capitulation on Tuesday. I know it's obviously not that black and white, but if every one of those eleven who take the pitch at Portman Road aren't 100% committed to getting a result - and we're not going there for a poxy point - then they can do one frankly.

Your :fishing: arent you?

The players owe us nothing at all, they had a bad day at the office, yep it was against them up the A23 and we got turned over, shit happens and we move on, those players have got us out of League 1 and to 5th in the Championship WHICH is frigging way over my and any realistic supporters expectations, you need to lower yours and pretty soon, on paper Ipswich should turn us over at there patch, they have just beaten the Hammers on there own turf for gods sake, if we manage a point and put in a half decent performance then thats a step in the right direction and good enough for me.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
What we need on Saturday is a performance. Ipswich are on a roll now so make no mistake, this is a very difficult game. But I hope it's getting through to Gus and the players that if you sit back and defend too deeply for too long, you're likely to lose in this division. Let's show some spirit and have a go there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Since that 7-1 debacle at Peterborough, this is how their results have gone:

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich
Middlesbrough 0-0 Ipswich
Ipswich 3-0 Coventry
Blackpool 2-0 Ipswich
Ipswich 2-1 Leeds

No disgrace losing at Blackpool and every other result has been impressive. I'd take a point.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Too right Sim they do f***ing owe us after that GUTLESS SPINELESS PITIFUL performance on Tuesday.

I can take losing to a better side, f*** me I support the Albion, however even in those losses I could see that we put in an effort but just wasnt good enough.

No excuses, on TUESDAY they were ***** and I use that word specifically *****. Ability wise player for player we matched them but Palace wanted it MORE. DISGRACEFUL.

I dont care if we get turned over 3-0 at Ipswich (well I do) but if we put in the effort then thats good enough for me. But to roll over like we did on Tuesday then they can f*** OFF.

Crofty

Sep 27, 2011
Excuse my language, but (Noone, CMS and Bridcutt apart) they f***ing owe us one after that capitulation on Tuesday. I know it's obviously not that black and white, but if every one of those eleven who take the pitch at Portman Road aren't 100% committed to getting a result - and we're not going there for a poxy point - then they can do one frankly.

Bombardier old mate...we miss you on the BBS...not feeling all shy are you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here