Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There will have to be another election soon, no?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Isn't a new election fairly soon going to happen no matter who gets to cuddle up to Nick in the short term? Because no government would be able to achieve much anyway, either because Lib/Lab wouldn't have enough seats and IMHO I really couldn't see a Lib/Con pact working for long; I reckon that they're simply ideologically too different: Cameron looked pretty desperate just now when courting the LibDems. I reckon go back to your constituencies and prepare for more x-ticking, just like what happened in 1974.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Give it 6 months I think and we will all be asked back to the booths to vote again

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
I think the only way to resolve this is for Brown & Cameron to have a game of soggy biscuit

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Isn't a new election fairly soon going to happen no matter who gets to cuddle up to Nick in the short term? Because no government would be able to achieve much anyway, either because Lib/Lab wouldn't have enough seats and IMHO I really couldn't see a Lib/Con pact working for long; I reckon that they're simply ideologically too different: Cameron looked pretty desperate just now when courting the LibDems. I reckon go back to your constituencies and prepare for more x-ticking, just like what happened in 1974.

Which ever party forms the coalition with the Lib Dems will call a new election after England win the World Cup. Using the feel good factor to strengthen their position. :thumbsup:

I was quite pissed when I came up with this theory last night. What do you reckon?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What makes people think another election would give a different result?? We all know now where the parties stand on key issues and if there were another election in 6 months time I would vote the same way again.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What makes people think another election would give a different result?? We all know now where the parties stand on key issues and if there were another election in 6 months time I would vote the same way again.

people could vote far more tacticly on the marginal seats

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I take it we will have to vote on a referendum on changing the voting system? Then vote again in another election?

Still, at least I now know where my polling station is

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I reckon Brown and Cameron should do the honorable thing and have a televised wrestling match, with the winner of the bout becoming Prime Minister.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I reckon Brown and Cameron should do the honorable thing and have a televised wrestling match, with the winner of the bout becoming Prime Minister.

Brown would eat Cameron alive

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Which ever party forms the coalition with the Lib Dems will call a new election after England win the World Cup. Using the feel good factor to strengthen their position. :thumbsup:

I was quite pissed when I came up with this theory last night. What do you reckon?

What happens if we dont win??

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brown would eat Cameron alive

Whereas with the soggy biscuit challenge, Cameron would wipe the floor with Brown, as a former public schoolboy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another election in November and hopefully the no hopers will not be able to get a look in to affect the overall result. So make the most of your 5 minutes of fame Mr Clegg.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

my money's on Brown in a ruck, Cameron would be useless unless he brings the school bully along to fight in his place:thumbsup:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There'll be another election before Halloween.

Clegg's ego, and a failure to play the long game, unfortunately, will prevent the explicit no-compete treaty in the constituencies between Labour and LibDems that would bury the Tories forever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here