Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

there, their, they're

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This. I often use bad grammer and wrong spelling but really cant be arsed to correct myself, much like typing U instead of you in a text. As long as people understand what you are saying.

The purpose of language!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
This this this this this, and this.

NSC seems to be full of self congratulating english professors. Why don't you all go and join an english language chat club and gloat about your superior intellect amongst fellow twats. This is a f*cking footie site. Sweet Jesus, get over yourselves.

:cheers:

I agree. Their are lots more interesting things to be talking about and there posts just wind me write up.

I'll try to inform the man who wrote the words to the Hymn "Jerusalem".

Youll have a job, hes been dead since 1827.

Where did I put those apostrophes. Here they are - ''. Would you care to insert them somewhere for me please?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Youll have a job, hes been dead since 1827.

If I get to the same place as him, I'll tell him when I arrive.

By the way, should I have used a capital "I" after the comma above?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
303284_166200726806600_100943883332285_300055_738405360_n.jpg

Hope this helps. :)

I prefer his one: lolpics f***ing GRAMMAR!!, which may be inappropriate to post as an embedded image without getting the thread moved.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The occasional spelling mistake is forgivable,a typo error or one too many drinky poos,it's the murder of the English mother tongue that is annoying,(Cheryl Cole please note!)..."Thars no dout bout it, yer a star." but she is forgiven as she is shagable. Lol!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
as long as it can b understod it dont mater wat teh speling is lik 2 many peeps wory bout it but wen it cums to doing text it dont mater ow its spelt now git over it and thx 4 taking the time 2 reed this and u av red this wiv out worying bout any comas or ful stops and u av understod it all

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

ceems lik u n me cud rite a bok 2gether n it wil b a best seler :)

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
FFS you cretins. :facepalm:

Unbelievable levels of illiteracy on this board.

That is all.
It makes me grimace when I see these words mis-used... BUT - we're all different and none of us perfect, so get over it!
We're all here because (hopefully) we love Brighton and this board is for matters pertaining to the beautiful game, not the finer points of grammar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here