Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Despite the perceived wisdom (on here), there is no chance that the new manager will throw youngsters at this year's problems.

His job and our survival may depend on it.....

You can interpret that either way [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Space needs to be made for then in the 25 strong Premier League squad to enable tghem to play league games. Who would you omit to allow that to happen?

Not if they are under a certain age I thought.

But, since you asked...

Kayal out - Sanders in
Suttner out - Alzate in

Or Alzate instead of Knockaert I guess

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That's out of the blue considering they were talking about a senior squad opportunity.

Where to ?

No I think he will, they said (?last week) they were looking for a team.

L1 or Championship - will go with Charlton as Lee Bowyer was at Crawley

Edit - sorry my original post was vague

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Oh I see. The loan out news has been coming thick and fast, and coincided with a week that I have had my eye off the albion ball a bit.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Gyokeres
Connolly
Sanders

Alzate
Băluţă
Richards

I think there will be definite 1st team squad opportunities for the last 3.

If we don't sing a striker or a right back, maybe for all 6 !

To counter the "we need to make space in the 25" point above, all of these 6 were born after 1 January 1998, so will count as under-21s for the 2019/20 season and don't need to be named within the 25.

I note that Baluta and Richards are named on the First Team page of the club website, with the others on the Under 23s page. Unsure if that has any significance at this point.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Really? Where was this reported?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Read it somewhere - it would seem logical rather than plunge him into the first team.

Not the Charlton bit, though Bowyer was there as he was sitting behind me.

I think he is well above Championship level, we beat AC Milan and Monaco to his signature and the reason he left City was frustration at playing U23s football and a dearth of opportunities in their first team.

We would have needed to convince him that we are the right club for him to develop, and he is quoted as saying "I feel like this is the progress, especially under the manager who has a record for playing young players."

He'd be aware of our plans for him, and this is not something he'd say if we were planning to loan him out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think he is well above Championship level, we beat AC Milan and Monaco to his signature and the reason he left City was frustration at playing U23s football and a dearth of opportunities in their first team.

We would have needed to convince him that we are the right club for him to develop, and he is quoted as saying "I feel like this is the progress, especially under the manager who has a record for playing young players."

He'd be aware of our plans for him, and this is not something he'd say if we were planning to loan him out.

Time will tell [emoji2]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

This. That’s how I read the Richards quotes too...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Maybe the poster is suggesting he might go out on loan?

He is. But I don’t see that happening. Richards is one for our first team squad IMHO.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

That’s how I’ve been reading it. He’s come here on a promise of first team football. Ashworth will know him very well from the England set-up as well presumably.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
RB and ST still needed. Maybe ACM too. Time running out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here