Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Absolutely ridiculous that Middlesbrough with their small crowds can stay within Financial Foul Play and manage to make big money signings, yet we struggle complying with the same system.

Do Barber / the accountants actually know what they are doing ? ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was reasonably optimistic last week, but feel gloomy now and would have hoped that we'd have built on our good start to the transfer window. Started to go wrong when whatever happened to the Zamora transfer occurred.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So.

Boro have signed someone for £5m quid.

Where is OUR ****ing £5m signing? As last time I looked they dont get any parachute payments and their crowds are LESS than ours.

Well?

A very good point. Their chairman is not richer than Tony, and they have smaller crowds and income.

Something doesn't make sense.

the penny has finally dropped:FFSPuncheon

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You don't have a clue, do you?

Cut the crap

All I had said was that There wouldn't be any signings while Chris wasn't around at the club. I don't actually follow where he is from day to day. I don't have the time to do that - I don't ever claim to know a lot of what goes on but I know the man who does but quite rightly he keeps most of it under wraps. You get little snippets reading between the lines though

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All I had said was that There wouldn't be any signings while Chris wasn't around at the club. I don't actually follow where he is from day to day. I don't have the time to do that - I don't ever claim to know a lot of what goes on but I know the man who does but quite rightly he keeps most of it under wraps. You get little snippets reading between the lines though

So you admit that you were guessing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So you admit that you were guessing.

It's a little bit more than educated guess though. I never ask the question outright but during conversations with the right people you get a good idea whether what you have discussed is fact or not.

I never know who any of the transfer targets are for sure but Just before the signing of the Liam Rosenior and the lad from Cameroon I knew that was about to happen. Chris had been on holiday in France and knew that one or two deals were going to be finalised when he got back.

There had been a lot of disgruntlement on here about no signings, so I Private Messaged a couple of people on here to hold on till the Monday when he got back to Brighton and something would happen soon after that and by the Wednesday I think it was Liam had been signed.

I don't know who the targets are and I wouldn't even put anyone in an awkward position by asking outright. The only one I know was a definite target was Jamie murphy and that is because I also know people at Sheff Utd as well and they confirmed it for me.

So YES some of my stuff is guesswork but is comes via contacts but I am not a journalist. I don't go pout of may way to chase information. If i happen to speak to some people in the course of my working day then sometimes these subjects get discussed as casual conversation but i guarantee you Chris Hughton is one of the best i know at giving absolutely nothing away. And that is a real benefit to the club. Frustrating for fans but good for the club

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a little bit more than educated guess though. I never ask the question outright but during conversations with the right people you get a good idea whether what you have discussed is fact or not.

I never know who any of the transfer targets are for sure but Just before the signing of the Liam Rosenior and the lad from Cameroon I knew that was about to happen. Chris had been on holiday in France and knew that one or two deals were going to be finalised when he got back.

There had been a lot of disgruntlement on here about no signings, so I Private Messaged a couple of people on here to hold on till the Monday when he got back to Brighton and something would happen soon after that and by the Wednesday I think it was Liam had been signed.

I don't know who the targets are and I wouldn't even put anyone in an awkward position by asking outright. The only one I know was a definite target was Jamie murphy and that is because I also know people at Sheff Utd as well and they confirmed it for me.

So YES some of my stuff is guesswork but is comes via contacts but I am not a journalist. I don't go pout of may way to chase information. If i happen to speak to some people in the course of my working day then sometimes these subjects get discussed as casual conversation but i guarantee you Chris Hughton is one of the best i know at giving absolutely nothing away. And that is a real benefit to the club. Frustrating for fans but good for the club

I repeat, why did you say there wouldn't be any signings yesterday because Hughton was away?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
another one here who is surprised that we haven't really made strides to address the obvious issue from last season, the lack of creativity and goals. Seemingly still only being linked to wide players which is disappointing with 3 weeks to go. Good start but for me the really important bit is still to be done and I have the beginnings of concerns. That could all be ended today by a decent signing, but I have my doubts about this week. We were playing catch up from last season and with others strengthening further we have loads of work to do.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I repeat, why did you say there wouldn't be any signings yesterday because Hughton was away?

i think i only said that there wouldn't be any signings when he wasnt in or around the club. I don't think I specifically said anything about yesterday

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i think i only said that there wouldn't be any signings when he wasnt in or around the club. I don't think I specifically said anything about yesterday

Why say anything at all? I wasn't the only one who read it that way.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Why say anything at all? I wasn't the only one who read it that way.

I don't mean to be rude and don't want to fall out with anyone on here but I cant be held responsible if someone misinterprets what I write. I know Chris and he wouldn't sign a player without having spoken to them. Thats all I tried to get across. If you tell everyone to say nothing at all then this whole forum wouldn't exist.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

Ignore them mate. If you have some decent info, however speculative, then stick it on NSC. Just remember that if your info turns out to be baloney then they will resort to picking you off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't mean to be rude and don't want to fall out with anyone on here but I cant be held responsible if someone misinterprets what I write. I know Chris and he wouldn't sign a player without having spoken to them. Thats all I tried to get across. If you tell everyone to say nothing at all then this whole forum wouldn't exist.

Keep posting your little snippets :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Snippets of what exactly? Have we learned anything new? Has he even predicted anything right? No offence but all his posts come across as endless waffle with no substance.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Snippets of what exactly? Have we learned anything new? Has he even predicted anything right? No offence but all his posts come across as endless waffle with no substance.

Not that i've seen. Yesterday he tried telling us that CH was on HOLIDAY in France when in actual fact he was with the team in Southampton. Yes, CH was in France last week, but with the team, training. Not a holiday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here