Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It has to be today, surely!!??
Perhaps not today, but 2-3 before Lewes, with 1-2 more before Forest puts us in a good position.

After which we can trade in O'Grady for another striker, and move out Chicksen, giving his place in the squad to a 2nd winger singing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Perhaps not today, but 2-3 before Lewes, with 1-2 more before Forest puts us in a good position.

After which we can trade in O'Grady for another striker, and move out Chicksen, giving his place in the squad to a 2nd winger singing.

Chris has been away in last few days, so he hasn't had chance to meet any of the potential signings. The problem we have now is that players under contract will already have joined up with their respective clubs. The only ones he can probably meet with are ones where we already have had permission granted to speak to them and if thats the case a fee would had to have been accepted. Thats what makes me think that Murphy might be lined up for talks this week.

I also think he has been told that we need to offload before we can bring more in and i am not seeing many in the press linked with other clubs on the way out, which is slightly worrying although i can see the squad gradually taking shape

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I also think he has been told that we need to offload before we can bring more in and i am not seeing many in the press linked with other clubs on the way out, which is slightly worrying although i can see the squad gradually taking shape

I would be very surprised and disappointed if this is the case. We unloaded five players at the end of last season (including CMS and Agustien who must have been high earners) and five loan players also left. If we're already having to let players go before we can buy, I'd be very surprised.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I would be very surprised and disappointed if this is the case. We unloaded five players at the end of last season (including CMS and Agustien who must have been high earners) and five loan players also left. If we're already having to let players go before we can buy, I'd be very surprised.
Very much this. I really don't believe it myself. Plus FFP has been relaxed.

ERR! cost cutting losing 200k every week???

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Chris has been away in last few days, so he hasn't had chance to meet any of the potential signings. The problem we have now is that players under contract will already have joined up with their respective clubs. The only ones he can probably meet with are ones where we already have had permission granted to speak to them and if thats the case a fee would had to have been accepted. Thats what makes me think that Murphy might be lined up for talks this week.

Another one who would find it hard to believe that this is the case. We had, according to reports, million pound plus bids made for both Murphy and Iranian Ali, money which appears not to have been used yet. Additionally the problem in the squad last year was in forward areas, it would be concerning if we got ourselves into a position of having to sell to buy before addressing these issues.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Transfer windows are so fecking boring under Bloom. We can't even guess the players we'll be signing let alone when they'll sign. Those we have signed do look promising though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hughton was in France when we signed the Finnish keeper, so I don't see that him being away, would prevent a signing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hughton was in France when we signed the Finnish keeper, so I don't see that him being away, would prevent a signing.

Chris had actually been on holiday in France and didn't finalise our first 2 signings till he came back. The Finish lad was met just after he came back as well. The deal may have been finalised by the contract negotiators later but he met with him before he and the players went abroad, although I thought he was still in the UK when that deal was finalised but I could be wrong on that one.

Anyone he signs he meets them. He prefers that but I would imagine so do the players and their agents.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Chris had actually been on holiday in France and didn't finalise our first 2 singings till he came back. The Finish lad was met just after he came back as well. The deal may have been finalised by the contract negotiators later but he met with him before he and the players went abroad, although I thought he was still in the UK when that deal was finalised but I could be wrong on that one.

Anyone he sings he meets them. He prefers that but I would imagine so do the players and their agents.

YELLOW CARD :moo:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Chris had actually been on holiday in France and didn't finalise our first 2 signings till he came back. The Finish lad was met just after he came back as well. The deal may have been finalised by the contract negotiators later but he met with him before he and the players went abroad, although I thought he was still in the UK when that deal was finalised but I could be wrong on that one.

Anyone he signs he meets them. He prefers that but I would imagine so do the players and their agents.

The team & Hughton flew out on Sunday, the keeper signed on Tuesday.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I am going for today for the simple reason that eventually I will be correct and be considered ITK. Add to that the absolute necessity of 3 forward thinking additions with 3 weeks to go they shouldn't be far off.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Could there be something in the offing with us playing the Southampton match today? Looking to sign someone from there perhaps, or ramping up relations with them regarding academy level?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
[SUP]f[/SUP]
I am going for today for the simple reason that eventually I will be correct and be considered ITK. Add to that the absolute necessity of 3 forward thinking additions with 3 weeks to go they shouldn't be far off.

How come you know so much, you must have a mate of a mate who drives a van near The Amex. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here