Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There is a MASSIVE fire right where i live.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Your eyewitness report sounds more exciting than that video makes it look. Little bit of grey smoke coming from behind one building. Whoever is filming's inability to focus smoothly is more of a cause for concern, frankly!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
just off to shops and then hoefully (if i work out how) i will post some pics. Its a massive fire - a whole mountain.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone else breathe a massive sigh of relief when they realised Stoo82 isn't in Brighton?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
There will be about 20 pictures. I will bore you with them all. They are still flying and dropping water as we speak. And Pasty you are a cheeky bugger!! I will be back in Brighton soon!

picone.jpg

pic2h.jpg

pic3w.jpg

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I want to see FLAMES!

And if you ca get some of soeone juming out of a window with a sleeve on fire or something then that would be even better!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Love the action pics stoo...though the second one looks a bit like a dog-fight...was the fire caused by a plane crashing?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Loads of respect to the pilots of those planes, you need balls of steel to do what they are doing...not much room for error scooping water out of the sea, then flying directly above a fire to drop it.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I want to see FLAMES!

And if you ca get some of soeone juming out of a window with a sleeve on fire or something then that would be even better!

I gave you some flames. Its difficult becasuse its so smokey, and the the kind of go out on there own and then just majicaly start up again. It got very very near houses but none on fire. (at time of writing).

Love the action pics stoo...though the second one looks a bit like a dog-fight...was the fire caused by a plane crashing?

The fire, i think anyway, was started becasuse its been so dry. No plane crash.

Funny you say its like a dog fight, i now know what its, (in a very small non bombing way) like to be in an air rain. Those plans and helicopters were very low.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Better copyright them before the Arsegas nicks them.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Whats on fire?
Is it just bushes and trees on the hill?

Basicaly yeah. But with fires in Greece. Its a big one. The fire as you can see in some, was very close to the houses. When i left the roof, it was spreading to the left (where there are houses climbing up the hill) and could not have been more than 1 meter away from property.

It has calmed down now. But we did panic for a little while!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Its still burning. No plane or helicopters anymore. Its nowhere near as bad as it was this afternoon. I have some nights shots so you can put it all into perspective.

This is not near any houses, its is very big though. Its in a little valley:
nightfireone.jpg

This is to the right of the above picture. There must be 100-200 little fires still going:
nightfirethree.jpg

nightfiretwo.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here