Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There are too many fickle supporters who are demanding too much.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
How the bloody hell can it be demanding too much to be more than one place outside the relegation zone by Christmas?

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
So, moaning about the season where we are in a relegation battle, when we were promised play-offs/promotion makes us fickle? f***ing idiot.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The guy has not moved on from Hereford. He said as much in his post. Maybe when Falmer opens only the people who went to Gillingham and went to Hereford should be allowed into the ground. Hey thats a great idea 2000 fans in a 22000 stadium and EVERYONE else can f*** off. :thud:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would not give my finger for being 64th in the football heirachy. I have higher expectations and ambitions for the club.

coleman.will

Feb 14, 2008
typical old moaning bastard
your right we shud only allow in the hardcore supporters, get half the turnout and go into administration within a year.
moron.
and i went to the goldstone ground, but i had an education to get rather than bomb up to gillingham every week.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I'm afraid there seems to be an attitude amongst some younger fans that unless you went to Gillingham regularly you have forfeited the right to be a true BHA fan and speak candidly about the club.
All fans are important and however keen one is, there are always periods in your life when circumstances restrict attendance...moving away, working away, student years, young family, finance.... to name a few.
The struggles of the last dozen years, although extreme, are only part of a long history.
Those of us who watched from behind iron fences at the Goldstone, who went on marches to raise funds to buy players, who suffered Div 2 to Div4 in 2 seasons and who have paid our hard earned money to support the club we love for the last 30/40/50/60 years are not fickle.
There is one thing us older ones are good at....knowing decent football when we see it....and at the moment it is as poor as I can remember for a very long time.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
The guy has not moved on from Hereford. He said as much in his post. Maybe when Falmer opens only the people who went to Gillingham and went to Hereford should be allowed into the ground. Hey thats a great idea 2000 fans in a 22000 stadium and EVERYONE else can f*** off. :thud:

I don't think he has not moved on from Hereford, he is just trying to get a bit of perspective. All Albion fans want better for the club and we would all like to see the club playing at a higher level, but the 4 years in the old Div 1 and visits to Wembley are a very small part of our history most of which has been spent at this level of football.

Fans are entitled to have higher expections because they pay, but history would suggest they are likely to be disappointed.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I continue to go & suffer the seemingly endless crap I witness from the team I support, but I often wonder whether this make me a 'good supporter' or a f***ing idiot tbh. :shrug:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I continue to go & suffer the seemingly endless crap I witness from the team I support, but I often wonder whether this make me a 'good supporter' or a f***ing idiot tbh. :shrug:

lol, i know what you mean

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You didn't read it El Pres.

Oh yes I did

Infact this thread is exactly why fans are being driven away and losing interest fast, no offence.

You clearly stated that fans were being driven away by this thread, here it is in black and white. I beg to differ. What part do you disagree with or think I did not read?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Q - How many people actually bothered to follow the Albion through those rough times?

A - er... me. Even when living in Turkey and Poland I was in constant touch back home with every single development... whatever happened to our club. It wasn't easy in pre-internet days to follow a club outside the top division but I did it. I even spent 24 hours on a bus across Europe once just to get back for a home game.

Q - how many of these supporters actually bothered to travel to gillingham, how many actually went to the Goldstone?
A - Gillingham not so much because i was abroad most of the time but Goldstone..... saw more than 300 matches there.

So do I count? I think so. I might ask how many people did round trips of 300 plus miles to attend evey single march for Falmer... there was no game at the end for that... just showing you support your side. I did that as did others.

So, I think I have a right to say something and I have NEVER called for the sacking of a manager and I do not think that MK Dons was all that bad of a result in itself but I do think we are in trouble this season and I'm on the fence as to whether Adams can get us back on track.

I'll tell you who is a real fan.... a real fan is someone who respects that every OTHER fan has a right to be heard.... even if they disagree with them because we are all in the same boat. The BAD fan is the holier than thou fan... of which, recently we seem to have too many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here