Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There are some right brainless twerps around here.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Ernest I have to say that I really do believe you are as passionate a supporter as anyone, perhaps more than most and I realise that seeing so many new-comers or part-timers voice opinions that you disagree is galling at times.

However I have to ask you one question. You state that if DK had not taken the club then someone else would have done.

Really??

Are you really sure of that?

I can promise you that through my job I have in the last 6-7 years spoken to a few people who had looked at consortiums, takeovers etc and to say that people got into bed with DK with no understanding of his track record, is slightly harsh.

At that time we needed a genuine fan with some background knowledge, an understanding of the fans, what they had been through, how to deal with the nature of the beast that was the outgoing board, and someone who loved the club so much that he was prepared to tip substantial amounts of his own oney into a balck hole by paying off the people who had nearly killed our club.

If that day at Hereford, you had said to me before kick off that in 2004 we would be playing at West ham, Leeds, Sunderland, Leicester, Notts Forest I would have pissed my pants laughing.

In my opinion we have actually now become victims of our on-field success as people now want the shiny new stadium, a base for our fans to go to but on top of that they expect a f***ing good side on the pitch, selling no players, and challenging to do well in the League below the Premiership.

Not too much to ask you think??

I for one would not fancy that job, trying to meet those expectations and then getting my reputation and intentions questioned.

Sometimes, if I was Dk on a dark dark day, I would consider f***ing the whole thing off and going and spending his hard-earned cash on a nice gaff in the Dordogne and never coming back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: There are some right brainless twerps around here.

3gulls said:
As you are in the Land Down Under, it is probably reasonable to assume that you have suffered little, if any, of the shit negative football, joke facilities and rip-off prices that we suffer every week! If you want to know why people are complaining, try it for yourself week-in and week-out.:nono:

So Gillingham was preferable then? Or can you name another sporting facility within the Brighton area thats better?

It goes without saying that the shit negative football served up by 5 different managers has been appaling. I wish we were playing attractive, neat, creative football against someone like Boston United this weekend

Last edited:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
There we go again,people blabbing the same old shit about the dark old days,where is the ambition?
we have been patient and put up with all this shit for nearly 8 f***ing years,so where do you draw the line.Ground was promised 3-4 years ago nearly,so i guess its because of prescott and co-nimbys,well its probably because we are skint and that makes it tricky.

To many people on here tolerate everthing,well not all do this,as many of us have waited long enough and nout has been delivered.

it will be a decade im sure,and boy a decade is pathetic it really is,the club may fold its a good chance the way things have been going.

Next year will be the biggest year in the clubs history,and boy we better get this stadium as its been far far to long.
:drink:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
mr turd said:
There we go again,people blabbing the same old shit about the dark old days,where is the ambition?
we have been patient and put up with all this shit for nearly 8 f***ing years,so where do you draw the line.Ground was promised 3-4 years ago nearly,so i guess its because of prescott and co-nimbys,well its probably because we are skint and that makes it tricky.

To many people on here tolerate everthing,well not all do this,as many of us have waited long enough and nout has been delivered.

it will be a decade im sure,and boy a decade is pathetic it really is,the club may fold its a good chance the way things have been going.

Next year will be the biggest year in the clubs history,and boy we better get this stadium as its been far far to long.

That about sums things up! :clap2: :clap2:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
mr turd said:
To many people on here tolerate everthing, well not all do this, as many of us have waited long enough and nout has been delivered.

Except a temporary home in Brighton, against all the odds - playing to twice or three times what we were getting at Gillingham; TWO CHAMPIONSHIPS - the first and second in our history, a PLAYOFF FINAL at CARDIFF and CHAMPIONSHIP football on a shoestring.

That is not 'nout' in my book. It is nothing short of FANTASTIC!

And all the time, leading the arduous and expensive planning fight for the new stadium at Falmer.

The board deserve our gratitude and I for one am delighetd to give it to them!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
mr turd said:

And to get around the planning inquiries, you would have ... ?

So many whingers, so few concrete suggestions about what to do differently.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Titanic said:
Except a temporary home in Brighton, against all the odds - playing to twice or three times what we were getting at Gillingham; TWO CHAMPIONSHIPS - the first and second in our history, a PLAYOFF FINAL at CARDIFF and CHAMPIONSHIP football on a shoestring.

That is not 'nout' in my book. It is nothing short of FANTASTIC!

And all the time, leading the arduous and expensive planning fight for the new stadium at Falmer.

The board deserve our gratitude and I for one am delighetd to give it to them!
One man show pal!

mickey adams

Yeah dick gave him a fortune didn't he???
Gillingham was grim agreed,but stats show huge debts and no stadium after 7-8 years,if there was good financial backing from the latter years,we would have falmer by now with ease.

Money matters in football and polotics full bloody stop:D

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Repugnant Toad said:
And to get around the planning inquiries, you would have ... ?

So many whingers, so few concrete suggestions about what to do differently.
Proper financial backing,thats how clubs go places,we chose a fan yes,but a fan is not enough to run a football club.:smokin:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
mr turd said:
Proper financial backing,thats how clubs go places,we chose a fan yes,but a fan is not enough to run a football club.:smokin:

That's not a concrete suggestion, that's an ideal situation - we don't have that, so what's DK to do?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i want to know what the likes of 3Gulls and Mr turd expect. we had to leave Gillingham but how many other sports/stadium facilities are there in Brighton and Hove? So we ended up with a shit deal with Ecovert, and even now are stuck with 6000 capacity, so where do you expect money to come from? Someone with a deep pocket and willing to spank it all on a football team no doubt, but as has been asked before, who?

The truth of the matter, ironically, is that our success under Knight was never expected. If we'd stayed in the 3rd or 2nd then there would be far less financial pressure. And its noone at the clubs fault that Falmer has taken so long, unless you really truely believe we've chased the wrong plan and that an alternative wouldn't have had the same problems and delays.

No ambition? We are in the f***ing second teir of English football. As much as id love to be looking forward to playing Real Madrid in the new year, im a realist and i reckon to get where we are to today has been a marvellous achivement.

Last edited:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Repugnant Toad said:
That's not a concrete suggestion, that's an ideal situation - we don't have that, so what's DK to do?
Get off his lazy arse and find financial backing,mind you he is so keen on money,he delays the replica shirts 3 months.:shootself

Dick has pumped about 1.5 million into the club himself,thats what less than 200k a year mmmmmmm,thats why we are struggling financially.Yes its his own money and yes you can't fault the man,but boy thats peanuts and look where it has got us in the long run.???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mr turd aka Berkshire Seagull hasn't got any solutions. He just loves winding people up. He doesn't like DK and all the time we are wiaiting for the planning inquiry and are short of money these people like him and Ernest will continue to mock.

Oh how I long for the day when we get planning permission and the stadium is well on the way to being built so that the rest of the optimists can turn round and say it was all worth it.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Yorkie said:
Oh how I long for the day when we get planning permission and the stadium is well on the way to being built so that the rest of the optimists can turn round and say it was all worth it.

Where will they go?It'll be quiet on here.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brixtaan said:
Where will they go?It'll be quiet on here.

Oh I'm sure we'll all find something else to fall out about - like the team selections or where the singing section has been put in Falmer ;)

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
beorhthelm said:
i want to know what the likes of 3Gulls and Mr turd expect. we had to leave Gillingham but how many other sports/stadium facilities are there in Brighton and Hove? So we ended up with a shit deal with Ecovert, and even now are stuck with 6000 capacity, so where do you expect money to come from? Someone with a deep pocket and willing to spank it all on a football team no doubt, but as has been asked before, who?

The truth of the matter, ironically, is that our success under Knight was never expected. If we'd stayed in the 3rd or 2nd then there would be far less financial pressure. And its noone at the clubs fault that Falmer has taken so long, unless you really truely believe we've chased the wrong plan and that an alternative wouldn't have had the same problems and delays.

No ambition? We are in the f***ing second teir of English football. As much as id love to be looking forward to playing Real Madrid in the new year, im a realist and i reckon to get where we are to today has been a marvellous achivement.
Why do you ask such pathetic questions regarding who?
Clubs are taken over on a regular basis pal,so you can be sure we would,but not anymore due to our debts etc.The club made an erra in getting important papers through for falmer,which cost us nearly a year.

Surely mr knight must have known the situation regarding cost of the withdean etc,also as stated many of times the club have recieved large amounts of money from players+compensation,but that has been swallowed up already as usual.The withdean was always going to be a good 5 year plan,so why rent seats at pathetic prices,we could have built a stand for cheaper.

thats not what i call ambition pal,ambition is sound finacial backing,new stadium and money to spend.The club has huge potential that it hasn't reached for over 20 years.We got stabbed in the back once,but we musn't let that scare us from letting others have a crack.:clap:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Yorkie said:
Mr turd aka Berkshire Seagull hasn't got any solutions. He just loves winding people up. He doesn't like DK and all the time we are wiaiting for the planning inquiry and are short of money these people like him and Ernest will continue to mock.

I have said many solutions!
Financial backing is the only solution,not millions of bucks worth of debt:p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mr turd said:
I have said many solutions!
Financial backing is the only solution,not millions of bucks worth of debt:p

I must have missed them. Financial backing from whom?

The Warrior

Dec 15, 2004
in the hardware shop
mr turd said:

and tomorrow night we'll be sitting in the rain ..no f*cking roof , in a shite stadium watching a struggling team
we have waited too long..sort it out Dk

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
mr turd said:
others have a crack.:clap:

:lolol:

Where can i peruse the documentation in this no-doubt impressive portfolio?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here