Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "There are a few who expect us to win because we are Brighton"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Couple of dozen noisy bellends on the various Facebook groups for starters - just a few examples of OPs from a couple of the groups - there are dozens of others.

The manager really has to go potterball is not working 1 win this season and no home win since June it’s a results business at the end of the day and we are not getting those results we need new tactics

Seriously potter has to go we can’t even beat West Brom ffs

I think GP is feeling the pressure as this is a pretty feeble excuse regarding our 5 wins in 29 games and a bit of a smoke screen

Sorry but at the start of last season I said #potterout and everyone hit me with rude and abrupt comments, but actually look at the issues right now. We’re playing beautiful football apparently, thats not going to get us the points we need to stay up is it! We’ve good excellent players on the bench??? Yes Brighton are given a hard time by refs but cmon we can’t win. It’s not all down to MR either!

WHO WAS THE MANAGER TONIGHT
(picture of Sami posted below)

It seems that Potter can’t motivate he’s players, maybe the premier league is way to big for him, he may have he’s teams playing pretty football (well most of the time) but they are getting nowhere let’s just hope there are 3 teams worse then us at the end of the season

That was embarrassing!!! Potter needs to get this sorted pretty quickly as his substitutions today were awful!!! Why did he not give Welbeck a run out!! No he put on midfielders instead of a striker!!! Their goal had 4 of our players around him & he still scored!!! Usual B&HA still cannot win a game & we’ll be in the relegation battle all season if things don’t change very soon!!!
Also our Swiss striker is doing Amazing & he didn’t even give him a chance up front!!!
Again total embarrassment!!!

I’d truly hope that Potter goes nowhere near Facebook or Twitter on Albion matters, other than perhaps club official sites, where he shouldn’t get drawn into scrolling through comments.

He strikes me as far too intelligent and busy to read the crap.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Probably worth having a watch so you can see it in context and decide for yourself. I think his body language and eye contact seem very defensive. Something has got to him as he mentions reactions three times during the course of the interview. Maybe he should take a break from social media.

First thought from that interview was that GP doesn't look like a bloke that's getting a good night's sleep. Never really noticed the bags under his eyes before. Maybe the tough upcoming November fixtures are weighing heavily on his mind. Sort of feel sorry for the bloke. After the first few fixtures against 'Big' teams we were always looking likely to be playing catch-up. And so it proved. November just looks like more of the same sadly. Need a big result against Burnley as a minimum, else things are likely to get a bit hairy

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I reckon he should focus on his main job, which is securing more Prem points... the fault was with his tactics, his substitutions, his team... not with a few dingbat keyboard warriors on social media...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty certain he is focussed on that. And what he said was pretty much true. 2 more points and people would think it's a decent start. Dreadful second half, he got it wrong but in plenty of games has made excellent decisions. Let's see where we're at after 10 matches.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I’ve only just caught up with this topic.

My take... GP was obviously not in a good mood and answered the generic questions a bit too bluntly. And I’m sure in the light of day he probably regrets the quote. It’s clumsy and, slightly rude to fans yes.

Now.

Some of you here however are being very disingenuous. He is quite right. Many here were expecting, nay, demanding a dominant win against West Brom. we have no divine right to expect that. That’s tremendous arrogance at this level, for a club where we are. It was all over the match threads that day.

Even here, some of you are snootily calling them “a Championship team”. If I’m not mistaken, Brom have earned their place in this league, just as we did in our first season (and we got some surprising results then too).

True. I remember having a good laugh at the attitude of some Swansea fans when newly-promoted Albion went there and won. Let's not become that sort of fanbase.

What? Too late ...?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How Ashworth and co and say we had a good window is a piss take, they left Potter with Maupay/Connolly and March down the left no wonder he’s pissed off :lolol:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
And where should we be exactly? Top 6?

You think we should have beaten Man U, Chelsea, Everton?

West Brom second half is the main really bad performance this season. Maybe the worst in Potters reign. But it’s disingenuous to ignore our very good performances in the above games. A point away at Palace is ok, and a win away at Newcastle is good at our level. So it’s just the Brom game that was a let down.

Tell me if we can’t beat WBA at home , who can we beat , one home win all year says it all , no wonder the fans are beginning to lose patience

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Only 6 sides in the Football League of 92 - have won less matches than us this season.

Good aren’t we.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
First thought from that interview was that GP doesn't look like a bloke that's getting a good night's sleep. Never really noticed the bags under his eyes before. Maybe the tough upcoming November fixtures are weighing heavily on his mind. Sort of feel sorry for the bloke. After the first few fixtures against 'Big' teams we were always looking likely to be playing catch-up. And so it proved. November just looks like more of the same sadly. Need a big result against Burnley as a minimum, else things are likely to get a bit hairy

spurs toiled to a win over burnley (1-0) so in that reckoning we should have a go against them too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
spurs toiled to a win over burnley (1-0) so in that reckoning we should have a go against them too.

Good luck with the Albion doing that then. Need to score one more than Chris Wood. Which we rarely do. Just as well Ashley Barnes seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet :rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The November fixtures are weighing heavily on his facial tissues.

I felt sorry for him on the touchline in the WBA game in that final 30 plus minutes. He looked helpless, a lonely figure. My hugs of words of advice from his assistants.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Potter needs to step up today.

No good moaning about fans that are not even allowed anywhere near the game.

Sort it out Potter

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Is this true? Anyway four below us have won less, shows how tough this league is and how poor some teams are atm

WBA
Sheff Utd
Fulham
Burnley
Mansfield
Southend

... are the only clubs in the football league who have won less matches than us.

Still, with only one proper striker + Connolly + March in the side ..... who needs to worry.

We are of course a Top 10 side :lolol:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
WBA
Sheff Utd
Fulham
Burnley
Mansfield
Southend

... are the only clubs in the football league who have won less matches than us.

Still, with only one proper striker + Connolly + March in the side ..... who needs to worry.

We are of course a Top 10 side :lolol:

Fair enough.

Give it time, what TB has set up within the club is fantastic :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
7:16

"Yeah, but there's an assumption that every chance you get, you're going to score. And...and that's not football, that's not reality. (Shakes head)

So we can't say ah, we must put our chances...that's...that's... doesn't work like that."

Come on, Graham. :rolleyes: :smile:

Like many, I'm enjoying the style of football that you've brought to the Albion tremendously, but you're projecting ever-so-slightly here.

Albion supporters wanting the side to be more clinical in front of goal doesn't necessarily equate to us expecting a 1:1 chances to goals ratio.

And having seen our finishing in front of goal recently, it's highly unlikely that any Albion supporter currently assumes that we'll score with every chance.

Ditto.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here