Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Them there adverts in the top right corner

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...are they not as 'good' recently?

I ask because between the 1st and 10th November they had been clicked upon 241 times, earning NSC £52.46. This bumper haul continued through the month with what I think are record numbers - 640 clicks for £157.68.

This month to date we've only got 139 clicks for £34.86.

Are there more rubbish ads this month? If there's a few regular ones showing then I can look to block them so we get some better (ie more clickable) stuff.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
There is A LOT of shit. 'Fish dating in Brighton' comes to mind.
Don't ask. I have no idea.

I think I am right in saying the ads are different depending on the thread title? Perhaps we've just had A LOT of shit posted in December?

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
do you get money just for a click on the ad or do we need to spend money or sign up. if its just a click will click on every new one i see. " a click a day keeps nsc in pay "

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They pay per click only. The terms of the deal with Google is that I can't encourage people to click on them nor can I just keep clicking on them myself.

However, I can use the settings Google provide to try and make them as relevant as possible which should then means more clicks. The settings include the ability to block certain ads from the site, in the hope something better gets displayed.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
To be honest, I never take any notice of them. Now I understand that they assist you in keeping this great institution going - I will from time to time.

However, I have looked at the ones that are showing, and they are for "100% Free Classified Ads" and "Free Classifieds". I am not sure that many would be interested in them? Are you able to control the type of Ads that are shown, so that they are more relevant to football supporters?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Bozza have you looked into Affiliate Marketing?

That way you can choose who advertises there. Love film, iTunes, Betfair etc all have good affiliate schemes

TradeDoubler - Performance-based Digital Marketing is who I use. They have hundred of companies you can partner with...

Plus there are no restrictions is asking us all to use them.

Edit: I have just spotted your Amazon banner!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza have you looked into Affiliate Marketing?

That way you can choose who advertises there. Love film, iTunes, Betfair etc all have good affiliate schemes

TradeDoubler - Performance-based Digital Marketing is who I use. They have hundred of companies you can partner with...

Plus there are no restrictions is asking us all to use them.

Edit: I have just spotted your Amazon banner!!

Yep - been with Tradedoubler for years and, until a few weeks ago, we had a series of small text ads along the top of each NSC page for some of the more popular/frequently used etailers. However the commission rates for most is pretty miserable all in and NSC has not made much money from them, other than the occasional decent bookie offer where we get a few new sign-ups at reasonable referral rates.

On the other hand the Amazon scheme is truly excellent. We earn 6% of sales most months, presumably as there is no middle-man (which is what Tradedoubler is) creaming off from our hard work.

One day I will get round to an NSC 'shopping' page where all our affiliates are listed for people to use as their launchpoint for online shopping. Maybe that way, Tradedoubler (and the similar will finally earn NSC some decent income).

Google's pay per click model is also excellent for NSC - it's a reliable income stream that does not rely on purchases being made.

Between them the Google and Amazon schemes are the lifeblood of NSC as you can see here - NSC finances - North Stand Chat.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Yep - been with Tradedoubler for years and, until a few weeks ago, we had a series of small text ads along the top of each NSC page for some of the more popular/frequently used etailers. However the commission rates for most is pretty miserable all in and NSC has not made much money from them, other than the occasional decent bookie offer where we get a few new sign-ups at reasonable referral rates.

On the other hand the Amazon scheme is truly excellent. We earn 6% of sales most months, presumably as there is no middle-man (which is what Tradedoubler is) creaming off from our hard work.

One day I will get round to an NSC 'shopping' page where all our affiliates are listed for people to use as their launchpoint for online shopping. Maybe that way, Tradedoubler (and the similar will finally earn NSC some decent income).

Google's pay per click model is also excellent for NSC - it's a reliable income stream that does not rely on purchases being made.

Between them the Google and Amazon schemes are the lifeblood of NSC as you can see here - NSC finances - North Stand Chat.

As moderators, are you guys exposed to any sort of liability for running this site? If so, would setting up a company to run the site give you some protection? Only thinking because it seems like there's a decent pot of cash a bit of which could be used to set up a company, and the moderators could appoint themselves as directors.

Just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here