Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TheLatest.tv

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Sorry if fixtures...

What even is TheLatest.TV?
The adverts pre-match are starting to irritate me now, and how long has this 'Mardival' been 'coming soon'?

TheLatest.TV is Brighton's TV channel. I use to work with Val the presenter, she's a good girl. What some may call 'quirky' but a good laugh. She is the director behind the Mardival project.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
'Mardival' - What a muppetttttttt!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
"Brighton's TV Channel?"

Isn't it more shit from the people that put together that Latest 7 magazine? Self congratulatory smug shots of people eating at some new poncey restaurant, 1001 ways to use tabbouleh this summer, a column that is meant to be funny in the style of Vic & Bob but fails miserably, and the TV listings, which no one else prints, do they?

Those adverts on game days are the only thing that wind me up. They can't be throwing that much money at the club that we have to have them, surely?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
"Brighton's TV Channel?"

Isn't it more shit from the people that put together that Latest 7 magazine? Self congratulatory smug shots of people eating at some new poncey restaurant, 1001 ways to use tabbouleh this summer, a column that is meant to be funny in the style of Vic & Bob but fails miserably, and the TV listings, which no one else prints, do they?

Those adverts on game days are the only thing that wind me up. They can't be throwing that much money at the club that we have to have them, surely?

Indeed, the latest 7 magazine when I have picked it up is a pile of sh*t

That Fatboy Slim interview is just embarrassing. She's awful.

And this tv interview is even worse than the bloody magazine! SO cringey.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The government is looking to bring in local TV stations...

BBC News - Ofcom earmarks 20 local TV locations

... and The Latest is looking to run the station for Brighton.

Wasn't there recently a SE local news item about a local TV station - somewhere in Kent, I can't remember where exactly - but it closed down because no locals knew anything about it and it had been running for a year. Was funded either by the governent or the local council, can't remember which, but I'm sure it was public money.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Agree with the OP. The advert's are getting rather irritating now and show nothing of any interest whatsoever

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You want to WATCH us on the box...?

:sick:

I'd prefer it if you were all kept safely hidden behind a screen, obviously. But you could show clips of the games you endlessly argue the toss over 'Bridcutt made the pass' 'No he didn't it was Navarro' 'What? Navarro wasn't even in the squad' etc. etc. :lol:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I'd prefer it if you were all kept safely hidden behind a screen, obviously. But you could show clips of the games you endlessly argue the toss over 'Bridcutt made the pass' 'No he didn't it was Navarro' 'What? Navarro wasn't even in the squad' etc. etc. :lol:

:lol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Is she related to Tel Aviv? I'd get my coat but it's too warm.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
...a column that is meant to be funny in the style of Vic & Bob but fails miserably...

Totally this. So awful is this feature, it's actually embarrassing to read. To give an idea of how risible this column is to any non-readers, if it were taken over by Mike Ward and HB&B it would actually improve . That's how bad it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here