Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Young Ones

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You have to say, it really is a timeless and quality comedy. I remember being at Shrewsbury in our first championship year, and this steward walked past with his walkie talkie on full blast. After he went past, this Albion fan shouts "Charlie Tango Teakettle barbecue *chrr*" and about 6 of us pissed ourselves laughing. And who can forget "'Do Not lean out of the window'. I wonder why?"

Anyway, which Albion player is most likely to be a big Young Ones fan?

Guy Butters.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Harty.

"Hi Rhiannon, glad you you could to the PARTY"

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
isn't it, I still love it today, as well as Filthy Rich and Catflap its both comedy at its finest !!!

Big Rob

Nov 2, 2005
moan moan boring just beacause you do a little bit of house work

Big Rob

Nov 2, 2005
still watch all the repeats, Been years since i have seen them but i seem to remember every line of the young ones, quality series:clap2:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Let's have a greatest episode POLL - I don't think I can remember them all. Only around 12 all together, I think:

House - the one where Neil crucifies himself to protest at their house being demolished.
Party - "that's just typical - five minutes to go til the most important party of my life and half the house gets squashed by a giant SAMWICH"
Bored - "the king is bored SHITLESS with interesting things to do"
Nasty - "I'm not a vampire, I'm a driving instructor from Johannesburg"

Further contributions welcome and needed...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Turienzo

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I like the one where they think they have a ghost and Mike nails down the plates. For some reason they saw off the legs on his chair and think he is floating but it turns out he has also nailed his legs to the table. I always remember that bit for some reason, it made me piss myself.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Man of Harveys said:
Let's have a greatest episode POLL - I don't think I can remember them all. Only around 12 all together, I think:

House - the one where Neil crucifies himself to protest at their house being demolished.
Party - "that's just typical - five minutes to go til the most important party of my life and half the house gets squashed by a giant SAMWICH"
Bored - "the king is bored SHITLESS with interesting things to do"
Nasty - "I'm not a vampire, I'm a driving instructor from Johannesburg"

Further contributions welcome and needed...
the house one :lolol:
it was ric who tied himself to the cross, neil came out "thats a really negative way of killing yourself man,theres no way you'll ever knock the last nail in.

neil on the bog when vivian walks in
viv " i thought you were dead"
neil "thats no reason to hassle me on the toilet man"

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Guinness Dave said:
the house one :lolol:
it was ric who tied himself to the cross, neil came out "thats a really negative way of killing yourself man,theres no way you'll ever knock the last nail in.
Bad error on my part, I can only apologise - doesn't he read out a People's Poet poem as they move in?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Neil: Guys, guys, guys, I think I've solved our money problem. I'm writing to my bank manager. See what you think... "Dear Bank Manager."
Mike: Yeah?
Neil: Well, that's it. I'm quite pleased with it so far, though.
Mike: Oh, well, it's a strong opening, certainly.
Vyvyan: I don't like the "dear." Sounds a bit too much like, "Will you go to bed with me?"
Mike: Well spoken, Vyvyan. What do you think instead?
Vyvyan: Uh, what about..."darling?
[everyone concurs]
Neil: [writing] "Darling Bank Manager..."
Rick: No, no, no, no, no, not "Bank Manager," it's far too crawly bum-lick. Tell it like it is, put "Fascist Bullyboy!"
Neil: "Darling Fascist Bullyboy..."
Mike: That's nice, yes, so far so good. So what do you want to say?
Neil: Well, basically, I want to ask him if I can have, like, an extension on my overdraft, but I know there must be a better way of putting it than that.
Mike: Well, what about, "Give me some more money"?
Vyvyan: ..."You bastard!"
Neil: Don't you think that's a bit strong?
Mike: Ah, Neil, people like that respect strength.
Neil: Yeah, you're right. Uh, "Darling Fascist Bullyboy, Give me some more money, you bastard..." Uh... "Love, Neil."
Vyvyan: Not "Love, Neil"! That sounds far too much like, "Come and get it like a bitch-funky sex machine!"
Neil: Yeah, you're right...Uh, what about, "Yours sincerely"?
Rick: Oh, come off it, Neil. If you're going to be that sycophantic, why don't you go 'round there now and stick your tongue straight down the back of his trousers?
Neil: Oh, look, I know, I know, why not "Boom Shanka"? It means, "May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman."
Mike: He'll never understand "Boom Shanka," you'll have to write the whole thing out.
Neil: Right, okay, here we go. "Darling Fascist Bullyboy, Give me some more money, you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman, Neil."
Rick: Well, if that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Pollution.
All around.
Sometimes up.
Sometimes down.
But always
Around.

Pollution,
Are you coming to MY town?
Or am I coming to yours?
Ha!
We're on different buses, pollution.
But we're both using...petrol.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Right, Wikipedia to the rescue:

Episode list
Series 1 (Originally broadcast 9 November-14 December 1982 on BBC2, Tuesday 9pm)

Demolition - The boys get a letter from the council telling them their squalid house will be demolished
Oil - Upon moving into a new house, Vyvyan announces that he has struck oil in the cellar. He turns out to be lying.
Boring - The boys attempt to fight off boredom whilst several very exciting things go unnoticed around them
Bomb - An unexploded atomic bomb falls through the boys' roof and blocks the refrigerator, but worse, the TV License man calls.
Interesting - The flat hosts a party that gets out of hand
Flood - During heavy rains, London floods and the boys are trapped in the house with a homicidal, axe-wielding Mr. Balowski
Series 2 (Originally broadcast 8 May-19 June 1984 on BBC2; Tuesday 9pm)

1984)

Bambi - The boys go to the laundrette and compete against Footlights College, Oxbridge in University Challenge
Cash - cash-strapped, Neil is forced (by his flatmates) to join the police force
Nasty - a strange package from South Africa interferes with plans to watch a video nasty on a rented VCR
Time - For a first, Rick wakes up in bed next to a beautiful girl, and Neil is forced to change a light bulb while subsequently becoming a human vacuum cleaner
Sick - While ill, the boys must deal with an escaped criminal and Neil's parents
Summer Holiday - When the summer break comes, things only get worse, especially for Rick who ends up being stumps in a game of cricket.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was in New York a couple of weeks back and we walked into this proper TIDY roof top bar. The sort behind the bar asks what I'd like and for some reason for no real reason, I found myself putting on a Viv voice and saying "Could I have a cup of sugar please"

How I laughed at my own joke.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Alexis Sale's diatribe about looking like Mussolini

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here