Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just wondering like.

charlieoatway

through thin and thin
Aug 22, 2009
Bristol
Saw them in Bristol a month ago.

Very good sound but not the most exciting on stage, bit like rabbits caught in the headlights.

Seem like really nice kids and the crowd warmed to them quickly.

Enjoy it, sure they will be playing much bigger venues soon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw them in Bristol a month ago.

Very good sound but not the most exciting on stage, bit like rabbits caught in the headlights.

Seem like really nice kids and the crowd warmed to them quickly.

Enjoy it, sure they will be playing much bigger venues soon.

I've seen them twice now, last night's headline at the intimate Audio worked well; I cannot see how their delicate music will work in bigger venues.

They mentioned it was their first headline tour and then certainly seemed more at ease than when I saw them last time. I predict really big things for this band, them and The Big Pink.

As an aside this was the first new band I've seen in ages where the crowd were more my age.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I went last night. I also thought they were very good. I'd not heard of them before my mate asked if I wanted to go along, but I enjoyed it.

Like you say I think their music is suited to smaller venues, but they could well go on to be successful. Definitely music to chill out to, it might help after a winters day loss at Withdean!

Basic Space is a tune by the way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went last night. I also thought they were very good. I'd not heard of them before my mate asked if I wanted to go along, but I enjoyed it.

Like you say I think their music is suited to smaller venues, but they could well go on to be successful. Definitely music to chill out to, it might help after a winters day loss at Withdean!

Basic Space is a tune by the way.

Agree. Also, the tall fella on base looks a bit like a 'whited up' Liam Dickinson. Thankfully he didnt keep falling over and moaning all the time.

It was a very enjoyable evening, we went upstairs for a few beers after.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Agree. Also, the tall fella on base looks a bit like a 'whited up' Liam Dickinson. Thankfully he didnt keep falling over and moaning all the time.

It was a very enjoyable evening, we went upstairs for a few beers after.

Yeah I know what you mean. He certainly has the 'Dicko-nesque' look about him! Mental hair he had too.

A girl my mate knew persuaded us to go to the 'official' afterparty, saying it was going to be really good. I've got to say it wasn't the best decision I made all night. It was at a club called The Jazz Place, which I'd neither been to nor heard of, and it wasn't great to say the least!

I'd much rather have just gone for a beer upstairs too to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here