Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The X-Files

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This thread has reminded me that I started re-watching this a few weeks ago. I only watched a couple then forgot about it, so I watched the next one this afternoon and it was......the Eugene Tombs episode! Spooky.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm almost done with what I thought was an X-Files rewatch, only to discover I really hadn't watched many episodes at all back in the day.

One episode I did remember and still ranks as probably my favourite for all the wrong reasons is 'Home', yes that one. X-Cops is another.

The Season 7 finale would have been the perfect place to leave it for Mulder and Scully, in my opinion. There are still some good episodes in Season 8 and 9 but they really did jump-the-shark in a big way with one particular storyline in 8 and by going too far down the Mulder/Scully romance storyline.
Absolutely this. Season 7 finale would’ve been perfect, then transition into a movie franchise if the scripts are good enough. I couldn’t stand Reyes…

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm not nerdy enough to remember any of the episode titles, but I LOVED that show, back in the day. It was amazing for a few years, although it did decline quite badly in the end. Maybe the Eugene Tooms episode? That was a good one.

I had the biggest crush on David Duchovny in my late teens :love: Now, not so much.
Gillian Anderson, was and is a crush for me, though her playing Margaret Thatcher took it down a notch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Tooms episode scared the crap out of me when I first saw it, but like others I can't remember individual episodes and faded from watching it when it got too much on the alien side of things. Like Supernatural, I just enjoyed the spooky stories rather than the underlying themes.

Weirdly had a crush on Scully rather than Mulder.
Mrs T the same.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Gillian Anderson, was and is a crush for me, though her playing Margaret Thatcher took it down a notch.
I never got the Gilian Anderson thing, back in the day.
I think she is much more attractive as an older woman,. (not as Thatcher, I hasten to add!)

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
The soundtrack in the first few series is just fantastic. The composer basically hired a guy with a set of electric tom-toms and told him to have at it. Made me giggle when we watched it last year.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I have to agree that The X Files was the best show in the history of television. Like all of them it went on a tad too long but was still great.
I don’t remember episode titles but I know that Eugene Victor Toombs was the very best villain. Then there was the paramedic man who had a taste for human blood . I will not forget the mutant retards who kept Mother boarded up at home…So many brilliant scares.
In the final series I loved the one where Mulder and Scully were bamboozled by all the technology going wrong and working against them .. very funny…

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There was a spin-off series Millenium, which I remember enjoying.

hadn't thought about it for a long time.
anyone rewatched it?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
There was a spin-off series Millenium, which I remember enjoying.

hadn't thought about it for a long time.
anyone rewatched it?
Millennium was great! Not in The X-Files league but still really enjoyable. Obviously dated now… it was cancelled on a cliffhanger pretty much, but there was a crossover episode on The X-Files which wasn’t bad. There was also a Lone Gunmen spin-off series which was… less good.

I’d recommend checking out Millennium though.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I never got the Gilian Anderson thing, back in the day.
I think she is much more attractive as an older woman,. (not as Thatcher, I hasten to add!)
I think the fashions in the early seasons perhaps didn’t help with that. She started off very Clarice Starling. She had a big glow-up around season 4 after she had her daughter Piper. By the time of the movie she was stunning…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here