Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Worst Week Of My Life?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Quite possibly. So far anyway.

Last Saturday morning, my coach tickets and my hotel booking confirmation for what was due to be a romantic trip to Brighton this weekend arrived. I was supposed to be travelling to sunny Sussex on Friday morning and returning to South Wales on Sunday evening. To say I was looking forward to it would be something of an understatement.

On Sunday evening, my girlfriend dumped me. And I really didn't see it coming either.

On Monday morning, I went to the hospital to find out the results of the latest scans on a back condition that has been giving me incredible grief for the last year or so. I'd previously been told by the consultant that I will almost certainly require an operation. The new scans showed that the condition has worsened, and I've now been told that I won't need ONE operation but TWO operations. And the waiting list is a minimum of 12 months unless I am prepared to cough up between £10,000 and £12,000 for each op.

On Tuesday evening, City's captain, Graham Kavanagh, made his long-awaited return for the Republic Of Ireland. He was carried off after 7 minutes with a damaged ankle and it looks like he'll be out for a minimum of a month. He has been in fabulous form for the Bluebirds this season and will be very badly missed.

On Wednesday evening, Wales committed footballing suicide at the Millennium Stadium. The less said about that load of shite the better, but I will say that Mark Hughes should be publicly flogged for picking the side he did.

Can't wait for the rest of the week......

:nono: :nono: :nono:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Laughing Bluebird said:

Last Saturday morning, my coach tickets and my hotel booking confirmation for what was due to be a romantic trip to Brighton this weekend arrived. I was supposed to be travelling to sunny Sussex on Friday morning and returning to South Wales on Sunday evening. To say I was looking forward to it would be something of an understatement.

On Sunday evening, my girlfriend dumped me. And I really didn't see it coming either.

On Monday morning, I went to the hospital to find out the results of the latest scans on a back condition that has been giving me incredible grief for the last year or so. I'd previously been told by the consultant that I will almost certainly require an operation. The new scans showed that the condition has worsened, and I've now been told that I won't need ONE operation but TWO operations. And the waiting list is a minimum of 12 months unless I am prepared to cough up between £10,000 and £12,000 for each op.

On Tuesday evening, City's captain, Graham Kavanagh, made his long-awaited return for the Republic Of Ireland. He was carried off after 7 minutes with a damaged ankle and it looks like he'll be out for a minimum of a month. He has been in fabulous form for the Bluebirds this season and will be very badly missed.

On Wednesday evening, Wales committed footballing suicide at the Millennium Stadium. The less said about that load of shite the better, but I will say that Mark Hughes should be publicly flogged for picking the side he did.

You always said enjoy it while it lasts:clap2:

You got dumped rrrrrrrr bless ya although you always had a feeling it might happen and so it did and sorry as she wanted it and i obliged grrrrr.:p

On a serious note that back problem is not good and to wait so long is a shambles considering you have paid your taxes and n.i for years and years and yet others go straight in.

Im a bit wobbly at the mo as had a 4hr interview tuesday and if i get it i shall no by tommorow and that means no shifts no nights and lots of pluses and 24k and its days 40hrs greattttttttttttttttt please please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

You get your arse to brighton next week as the mighty berks will cheer you up you can bank on that.

Always wondered where you have been,so it seems you have been crying lots and not happy.

Need a cuddle:lolol: :lolol: :drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
At around 9am next Saturday morning I fully expected to be waking up in a hotel room next to a gorgeous 20 yr old blonde who has a body to die for. Instead, I will be nursing a serious hangover on a coach full of ugly, drunken, belching, farting, hairy-arsed football fans as we head for Franchise FC's Milton Keynes hockey stadium.

Just as good!!! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Thanks for your kind words Berkshire. Good luck with the job. My spiders send their love......

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
At around 9am next Saturday morning I fully expected to be waking up in a hotel room next to a gorgeous 20 yr old blonde who has a body to die for. Instead, I will be nursing a serious hangover on a coach full of ugly, drunken, belching, farting, hairy-arsed football fans as we head for Franchise FC's Milton Keynes hockey stadium.

Just as good!!! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Thanks for your kind words Berkshire. Good luck with the job. My spiders send their love......
I like big ones(spiders that is) so no worrys and thats ashame about next week as i have set up a berkshire seagull fan club meet up only:clap2: :clap2: :drink:

Keep going stumpy and have a haircut:p

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting

Theres a solution to that one..... Don't go!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
marvin said:
Theres a solution to that one..... Don't go!

Ticket arrived yesterday. It's gotta be done. Back to the old routine and all that shite.

I should've mentioned that I had free accomodation sorted for Portugal next summer. That's another thing I'll have to cancel.

:( :( :(

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Come to the NSC meet up instead TLB, you can meet a different bunch of farting, belching, ugly, hariy arsed football fans........although none of us sleep with our sisters.

On a separate note, as least you pulled a gorgeous 20 year old blonde, which at your age is still a feather to have in your cap.

Hope the back improves soon

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
El Presidente said:
Come to the NSC meet up instead TLB, you can meet a different bunch of farting, belching, ugly, hariy arsed football fans........although none of us sleep with our sisters.

On a separate note, as least you pulled a gorgeous 20 year old blonde, which at your age is still a feather to have in your cap.

Hope the back improves soon
Speak for yourself!
My meet-up is clean smart and drinks all round:p

I will buy your ticket off ya bluebird and then throw it away:smokin: :flameboun

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Lush said:
You mean you were bringing your girlfriend to the NSC Meet-Up next weekend?

No! It was THIS weekend I was supposed to be in Brighton. She lives there, I was travelling down to see her on Friday morning. Was being the operative word. Now I'm going to Milton Keynes on Saturday instead.

We're at home to Ipswich on the day of the NSC Meet-Up, so I'm afraid I can't make this one.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
berkshire seagull said:
Where do you get your money from bluebird?:lolol:

I work for a living. As I have no wife or kids to provide for, I have few money worries. To be honest, I don't earn a great deal, but then most of what I do earn I get to to keep. And waste on things like football, drinking and gambling. So it's not so bad.

Besides, I'll be spending bugger all on Xmas presents again this year by the look of it......

:lolol: :p :lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I work for a living. As I have no wife or kids to provide for, I have few money worries. To be honest, I don't earn a great deal, but then most of what I do earn I get to to keep. And waste on things like football, drinking and gambling. So it's not so bad.

Besides, I'll be spending bugger all on Xmas presents again this year by the look of it......

:lolol: :p :lolol:
Join the club as im the same and although drive its clubbing and having fun as thats what life is all about.:drink:

You tight git although i have cut down to £500 max this year:clap2:

You looking forward to seeing if you have that welsh charm at the weekend or is your confidence shredded.:lolol: :drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
berkshire seagull said:
You looking forward to seeing if you have that welsh charm at the weekend or is your confidence shredded?

I shall see how I feel when I get back from Wimbledon MK. Bit fragile in that respect though. I expect I'll give it a week or two at least.

I'm supposed to be going to a gig if I get back in time, so you never know.

This latest disaster has been something of a hammer blow to be perfectly honest. But I'm sure I'll be fine again in a few weeks' time. And the works Christmas do should sort me out if nothing else does!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
No! It was THIS weekend I was supposed to be in Brighton. She lives there, I was travelling down to see her on Friday morning. Was being the operative word. Now I'm going to Milton Keynes on Saturday instead.

We're at home to Ipswich on the day of the NSC Meet-Up, so I'm afraid I can't make this one.

Forget the home match with Ipswich. It will only be a boring game.

Get yourself to Brighton for the meet up instead. :drink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

TLB - But apart from that, fine?
:lolol:

Sorry, D., that was uncalled for, but what can you do eh? I trust you'll be making your usual mega-bucks on Earnie this season. And your teenage bride has probably contributed in no uncertain terms to your back problems - tho hope you made a pig of yourself in the process aye? :p

(Seriously, get well soon mate)

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Cheers mate. I'm glad to report that I'm feeling much better already. A day on the beer with a bus full of fools and another three points in the bag did the trick.

Mind you, we did get soaked and we also got attacked by around 40 maniacs while walking to the game from the pub. It was all a bit surreal. Milton Keynes - a hotbed of hooliganism. Who'd have thought it?

I'd heard that Watford's fans had a rough ride there a few weeks ago, but I didn't really believe it. However, by all accounts groups of City fans were attacked on about four or five different occasions yesterday.

God knows who these people were. They could've been locals I suppose, but they seemed far too organised for that. It was as if they knew exactly what they were doing. And they weren't kids. The majority of them appeared to be in their 30's or 40's.

I'd have expected it at Millwall or West Ham, but Milton Keynes? What on earth is going on?!?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here