Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst thing about going out of the World Cup is going into work the next day

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
and listening to all the people who normally don't talk about football and actually don't care moaning on and on about how shit we were.

If another ignorant woman says to me something like "I think I could have done better" or "I turned on the telly half way through and just laughed when I just saw the score" I am sure I will murder them.

I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apart from on here with likeminded football supporters of course

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Big game charlies. They get on my tits too.

ESPECIALLY when they try and get TIME OFF work to watch the football, when I AM STRUGGLING trying to get the time off.
Idiots.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I founf the plastic football fans annoying in the pub. I got in a nice argument with a Chelsea fan last night who said Germany are rubbish because they dont have any players in the Premier League.

I ranted about just because they dont earn £120k a week in the "best league in the world", it doesnt mean they are not any good. He then said something about if we swapped players, the only German player he would take was Ozil. So that means we are better than them

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
one twatt rang me at 7.30 this morning to remind me of our $50 dollar bet on the game,i should imagine his ear is still ringing.........i'm going to sack the fucker tomorrow.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
I founf the plastic football fans annoying in the pub. I got in a nice argument with a Chelsea fan last night who said Germany are rubbish because they dont have any players in the Premier League.

I ranted about just because they dont earn £120k a week in the "best league in the world", it doesnt mean they are not any good. He then said something about if we swapped players, the only German player he would take was Ozil. So that means we are better than them

Out of interest, how many of their players would get into our team? Lahm and Boateng for me.

As individuals, our players are better (in my opinion). We are just shockingly bad as a team.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Out of interest, how many of their players would get into our team? Lahm and Boateng for me.

As individuals, our players are better (in my opinion). We are just shockingly bad as a team.

misconception. The press make us believe this but they are average players but in club sides are surrounded by world class players

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
misconception. The press make us believe this but they are average players but in club sides are surrounded by world class players

The press make us believe that Lampard scores over 20 goals a season, that Rooney scored over 30 goals last season and that Gerrard has carried the Liverpool team for the last how ever many years?

Cant be bothered to argue about it. They are world class players, just shit as a team.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I personally didn't think Germany we very good at all, just a lot better than us. They looked pretty bad in defence, I had no confidecne in their keeper at all. They looked good on the break, but Fishersgate Athletic would have looked good against our defence.

Stumpy Tim

Personally I had a great day at work... best for a while. What amazed me was that most Australians thought we were robbed. Pretty much to a man they said we would have won if the goal had been given.

Whatever. I'm now at a point that I couldn't a f*ck. I would rather see a team full of U21's giving their all & growing as a team.

Right after their 3rd goal had gone in it suddenly struck me, I don't actually care whether these guy's win or not. i have never been to an England game before, have not attachment club wise to any of the players in the squad and I don't like the manager all that much as well. Yes they may be "11 ENGLISH MEN" as Carlsberg kindly pointed out to no avail, yet they showed less passion than any England team I have ever seen, no tears, no nothing.

The whole thing was a shambles in it's entirety and I think the best thing we can do, although controversial, would be to appiont a Premier league club manager to do the job part time (sort of) alongside his club job with a more active assistant, (I am going off on one now...)

Anyway f*** it. We can over annalyse it al we like but now we have some decent football too look forward to and Wimbledon, Sussex CCC and the Mighty "Albion" to follow.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Agree regarding the under 21 point.

Sadly I have no Australians in the office, although someone has just informed me that even to his untrained eye he could tell we were shit. The comparison with Chichester Colts Under 13's has also been made. Good grief

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
and listening to all the people who normally don't talk about football and actually don't care moaning on and on about how shit we were.

If another ignorant woman says to me something like "I think I could have done better" or "I turned on the telly half way through and just laughed when I just saw the score" I am sure I will murder them.

I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apart from on here with likeminded football supporters of course

I'm hearing ya.. there are 4 out of 8 in our office who know nothing about football but insist on commenting every day throughout the regular season let alone the world cup...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Have arranged to work from home today. The thought of hordes of smug Jocks on the train and in the office is too much to face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here