Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst nightclub you've ever been to and why

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
All from years back when I was a young lad:

Not sure if it's still there (and it probably has a different name) but Sterns out the western outskirts of Worthing was a dreadful combination of a cattle market and a boxing ring. Classic 'conversation' my mate had just before a punch-up:
"'ere you screwing my bird?"
"No"
"What's wrong with her then?"

The Place in Lancing (now demolished) could sometimes get a bit violent, bit it was the only place in Lancing to go to after the pubs shut.

Cinderella's (I think it was called) up by Hickstead was another one like Sterns, only for Crawley boys. That's been demolished too.

Sounds unlikely! :jester:

Just remembered a nightclub in Bratislava. The bathroom was splattered from top to bottom with blood (a kin to Desperado) and it was compulsary to carry a knife. The situation was rescued by spending the evening chatting to two lapdancers that worked in the Lesbian Sex Show at our hotel (City Hotel Bratislava, if my memory serves me correctly).

I presently live in Dalston, a mate of mine, a very well build african lad, 6ft 6 plus and as wide, and now a magistrate.

Recalls coming to the area every week, dodging the drugs the rude boys hanging out and dragging the area down.

His last night ever in the area, was going into a club, and seeing the weapons left in a glass cube, picked up by the metal detector

"Why am I going in here"

He reckoned it change his life for ever.
LC

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In a Place just outside Wigan,Hindley there is a club called the "monoco" full of narrow minded northern monkeys dressed in white shirt,black trousers,white sox and black shoes,with ruffer looking women than i have ever seen,and about 10ish they would stop the music mid song and the dj would shout over the mic "The pies are here".....No Lie......by the time he had got to "the pi...." there would be a line the length of the club................Wankers......although the pies were nice.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
There's a bar/club under Blackpool Tower that is a right shocker. All plastic glasses, a floor so sticky you could barely walk and a live act on stage singing Dario G's sunchyme

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Illusions on a Tuesday night, used to go to Chapmans for karaoke first then on to the club nextdoor. What a dump!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
A club in the Westgate Centre Oxford. I think it has changed its name now. A la Buzzer's Belushi - Full of over-gelled hair chavs in shite suits with rubbish black shoes and chunky silver bracelets and dog ugly women with tattoos galore. Crap music, over-priced drinks. Maniacs fuelled by too much Wkd, Vodka/Red Bull and crappy lager.

Think I have been there! Is it above a shopping centre, sort of in a multi-storey car-park? If so it was f***ing awful, we went there after a job we were doing up there, was half full of chavvy girls who must have mostly been about 16, and the other half Oxford preppy boys in their uni blazers (was right near the end of term I think).

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Went to a Northern Soul all-nighter at The 100 Club last year for a mate's birthday. I'd seen all the pics of The Pistols, The Clash, The Jam etc. playing there in the 70's, so was a bit disappointed to go into this basement club, to find about eight tables and chairs up one end, a small dance floor and a bar up the other end, with the DJs set up on a small stage...:O

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Went to a Northern Soul all-nighter at The 100 Club last year for a mate's birthday. I'd seen all the pics of The Pistols, The Clash, The Jam etc. playing there in the 70's, so was a bit disappointed to go into this basement club, to find about eight tables and chairs up one end, a small dance floor and a bar up the other end, with the DJs set up on a small stage...:O

yeah you would think it would have been bigger,just a small dive in an expensive area.intreped fox round the corner is better.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2850851 said:
Does anyone remember Club New York, the place just up the road from the Clock Tower that was run by the Turkish mafia?

Shudder.

Is that the place where they used to play 80's downstairs and have Salsa classes upstairs?

:lolol:

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2850851 said:
Does anyone remember Club New York, the place just up the road from the Clock Tower that was run by the Turkish mafia?

Shudder.

When I was at school (a long time ago!), I must have been the only lad who HADN'T pulled a foreign student there, and shagged them in the graveyard opposite!

Or perhaps all my schoolmates were bullshitters ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here