Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The world is falling to pieces

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's an ongoing thing. It's caused by humans digging to many holes and causing dangerous splits in the earths crust. It won't stop until we take a look at ourseleves and stop destroying the earth with man made holes.

you jest, right? (there are greenies who believe drilling for oil causes earthquakes)

However personally I blame it on Mark McGhee.

good point, well made.

I'm sure some quango will find "expert" will find a link if there is a bundle of cash in it for all of them.

dont think thats so far fetched, iirc the CO2 cycle (like the water cycle you get taught at school) does involve the trapped carbon being drawn down through subduction and re-entering the atmosphere through volcanos. (assuming you believe in all that tectonic wizardry)

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
It's an ongoing thing. It's caused by humans digging to many holes and causing dangerous splits in the earths crust. It won't stop until we take a look at ourseleves and stop destroying the earth with man made holes.

I feel a hole tax coming on:down:

watch it guys, NSC is full of people digging holes for them selves!

I'll get my coat...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Ring of fire anyone. WELL over due for a MASSIVE earthquake in Calaforni-a.

I saw something on the Eden channel called Earthshocks (think that was it) all about the Ring Of Fire, all the main scientists basically saying its long overdue for a massive event and that events in this Ring have been happening alot more frequently in recent decades/

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No need to panic, this is quite normal. The Earth's Crust is constantly being subducted and re-formed. The Pacific ring of fire is currently the most active areas of plate movement but be aware that the Mediteranean Sea is slowly being crushed as the North African plate is sliding north in to Europe. Also, the Indian Plate is sliding North in to Asia which is producing The Himilayan mountain range.
Relax and be happy that we are on a reasonably stable tectonic plate, called a craton.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
No need to panic, this is quite normal. The Earth's Crust is constantly being subducted and re-formed. The Pacific ring of fire is currently the most active areas of plate movement but be aware that the Mediteranean Sea is slowly being crushed as the North African plate is sliding north in to Europe. Also, the Indian Plate is sliding North in to Asia which is producing The Himilayan mountain range.
Relax and be happy that we are on a reasonably stable tectonic plate, called a craton.

Speak for yourself, some of us are just buying a house near a fault line.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I'm sure some quango will find "expert" will find a link if there is a bundle of cash in it for all of them.

been reading some conspiracy theories lately then? Dan Brown novels? Climate change would have to be the most unlikely, least profitable conspiracy EVER. The massed ranks of ever-powerful loft-laggers & cavity wall insulators take on the billion dollar PR machine of Big Oil with nothing but phoney statistics. Dream on, honey.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Green/eco econmics is a huge business and makes money for many companies across the globe. There is a great book about this that I will try and post a link to when I find it.

Find or create a problem, make people afraid of the problem, solve the problem. It's a company dictate as old as time.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
been reading some conspiracy theories lately then? Dan Brown novels? Climate change would have to be the most unlikely, least profitable conspiracy EVER. The massed ranks of ever-powerful loft-laggers & cavity wall insulators take on the billion dollar PR machine of Big Oil with nothing but phoney statistics. Dream on, honey.

This is not a "conspiracy theory". It is how business and government have operated for years. It is worse than any conspiracy theorist could come up with. No-one is suggesting Global warming is not an issue, we are suggesting that it is being exploited.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Isn't there some stuff in the bible about the apocolypse being preceeded by earthquakes, hurricanes, famine and disease.

This is the beginning of the end people.

Nostradamus did predict the rise of the "anti christ from the North, where utensils are made and two teams of stripes oppose Christendom and the beautiful game is sullied by the shouts of " Break 'is fuckin' leg ".... for The Warnock is the herald of the destruction of.. etc. etc. "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here