Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The word "Route"

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: The word "Route"

Curious Orange said:
Does this mean that some things are "booeeant"? And that there is such an article of clothing as a "booeeancy aid"?

Weird...

Good point well made but as so many Americans are so full of shit they find that they can float without the need for 'Them big assed mutha fuckin' fag words'.

Know what I mean ? Don't start, I have has this conversation with more that a few colonials, for a start how can they call a game 'Football' when only two players out of a squad of 47 are actually allowed to kick the ball ?

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Given that the majority of people on here seem totally oblivious to the English language, I hardly think we can criticise.

And we can't even agree on how to say important words like 'scone' or 'nougat'.

(What a surprise - Frank the Yank having a dig at our trans-Atlantic cousins). :yawn:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Vlad the Impala said:
Given that the majority of people on here seem totally oblivious to the English language, I hardly think we can criticise.

And we can't even agree on how to say important words like 'scone' or 'nougat'.

(What a surprise - Frank the Yank having a dig at our trans-Atlantic cousins). :yawn:

Yes and but unlike Vlad the Sad I know what I'm talking about :jester: What makes you so sure that 'The majority of people seen totally oblivious to the English langauge' ? Are you a pompous arse or just a complete wanker ? You are speaking for yourself I presume.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Yes and but unlike Vlad the Sad I know what I'm talking about :jester: What makes you so sure that 'The majority of people seen totally oblivious to the English langauge' ?

Frankly, if you haven't noticed by now that most people on here cannot spell even simple words or make a distinction between "there", "their" and "they're" then there is no hope for you.

Glad to hear you are on speaking terms with 300 million Americans, though. You obviously know them all a lot better than I know the users of NSC.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Vlad the Impala said:
...most people on here cannot .... make a distinction between "there", "their" and "they're".

If you make all the guilty ones sit in the corner, their not going to be on there own over they're.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Curious Orange said:
Of course there is much confusion about the pronunciation of the word 'wanker'. Where should the syllables go, is it wan-ker, or wank-er? Let the debate begin!!

Simple. 'Wanker' is pronounced "Ron-Al-Do".

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

(Edited cos I bolloxed it up, didn't I?)

Last edited:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Trufflehound said:
If you make all the guilty ones sit in the corner, their not going to be on there own over they're.

To true, to true (sic).

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Eric Potts said:
Wasnt there an episode of Friends called "Mr Wanker" ?

And in "Married . . . With Children", the in-laws came from Wanker County.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Originally posted by dougdeep
And why are so many businesses using CENTER these days?

bhafc99 said:
Because Microsoft spelling is taking over the world.

and people can't be arsed to change the options on their spellcheck to English (UK) from English (US) ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here