Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The wonderfull Amex

RxmRedHarry

Aug 11, 2011
Wrexham
Hi Folks

I wanted to come on here and talk about you new stadium, having built a raport with Brighton fans now since you supported us back in 2004 I along woth most Wrexham fans have waited in anticipation for your new stadium to come to fruition. Having watched footy focus Saturday I was indeed impressed with what I saw, (mind you one stand behind one of the goals looks abit odd). What I really wanted to see (and watched teh football league show just for this) was the place full and having watched the football league show the sea of blue and white looked absolutely amazing. That is one game that I would loved to have been at last weekend to sample what must have been an electrifiying atmosphere. I felt so proud last weekend for all the Brighton fans that after years and years of red tape, battles and hard work, it finally finally arrived, and there is now the proper infuastructure in place that your club so badly deserves.
All the best for this season, who knows what might happen, we all know what we want to happen so lets just wait and see.

Enjoy folks, the seagulls can finally spread their wings and fly high, loud and proud

Harry :bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Thanks for your kind words. Good luck to Wrexham too.

Our stadium is just phase 1 at the moment. If we can sort out the transport problems then we'll be adding another tier and filling in the corners. The ground will look much more balanced then. £1.6million revenue per game is a nice starting point.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Cheers pal. I really feel sorry for you guys.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hi Folks

I wanted to come on here and talk about you new stadium, having built a raport with Brighton fans now since you supported us back in 2004 I along woth most Wrexham fans have waited in anticipation for your new stadium to come to fruition. Having watched footy focus Saturday I was indeed impressed with what I saw, (mind you one stand behind one of the goals looks abit odd). What I really wanted to see (and watched teh football league show just for this) was the place full and having watched the football league show the sea of blue and white looked absolutely amazing. That is one game that I would loved to have been at last weekend to sample what must have been an electrifiying atmosphere. I felt so proud last weekend for all the Brighton fans that after years and years of red tape, battles and hard work, it finally finally arrived, and there is now the proper infuastructure in place that your club so badly deserves.
All the best for this season, who knows what might happen, we all know what we want to happen so lets just wait and see.

Enjoy folks, the seagulls can finally spread their wings and fly high, loud and proud

I'm getting sick of the love in on NSC, bad rep is going to happen! :lol:

In all seriousness, cheers fella and best of luck with the goings on at the Racecourse.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Our stadium is just phase 1 at the moment. If we can sort out the transport problems then we'll be adding another tier and filling in the corners. The ground will look much more balanced then. £1.6million revenue per game is a nice starting point.

Is that figure guesswork or is there proof?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Thanks TC, I hope Wrexham do alright this season on and off the pitch this season too!

Last Saturday truly was one of the best days of my life.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Hi Folks

The 'odd stand' is the away end, and i think that the big wall behind the away fans makes them look smaller and have less impact.
Or maybe it's a coincidence.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
What a chap.

I remember a bucket collection going in the early Withdean years, was that for Wrexham?. Cant remember.

Either way I remember seeing lots of fans sticking coins and notes in them at half time. Good luck Wrex for this season.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
That's a smashing post RXM & much appreciated. Still got my badge from a few years ago when we had the bucket collection at the Withers.

Looks like your fight could go on as long as ours did, but hope not. Our new stadium is magnificent and it's what you get when you never give up the fight (and have a great chairman as well). Who knows, one day we could be coming to yours to celebrate.

Maybe we could draw you in the FA Cup down here and have a love-in at the Amex.

Loads of luck in the new season, and never, never give up!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Hi Folks

Thanks for that Harry. despite what even for BHA fans felt like a bit of over-exposure in the week or so leading up to the match, the day was very very special. I think you are probably referring to the South (away) stand which will only completed when the next round of building has received planning permission - I think they are adding some boxes in the holes in the wall.

Good luck to Wrexham this season - one of far too many teams that are struggling whilst footballers in the Prem earn £1/4m a week.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Our stadium is just phase 1 at the moment. If we can sort out the transport problems then we'll be adding another tier and filling in the corners. The ground will look much more balanced then. £1.6million revenue per game is a nice starting point.[/QUOTE]

that was what was reported for the first game, it wont be nothing like that going forward, for example if you brought a shirt last week, which they sold a hell of a lot of, you are not going to buy one a again this week. and the novelty factor will soon where off, byt that I mean the 1000's that stayed until 7 or 8 drinking beer. I think it will be more like 600K per game, dont get me wrong that is still blooming great.
Ref the post, thanks mate and good luck this season and in your fight. keep the faith.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I look at the Conference table and shudder to think that some good old clubs are now in Div 5 whilst some I used to look for in the prelim/qualifying rounds of the FA Cup are now in the league.

Good luck to Wrexham this season.Like to see them back.

And yes,the Amex is brilliant.But no running track? Wot's gone on ?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Thank you Harry, last Saturday was absolutely incredible. As you mentioned, the flags looked amazing on TV, but nothing to what it looked and sounded like inside the stadium. I wish Wrexham all the very best in the future, and hope you get back into the the league proper. Your fans deserve it. Just don't ever give up, if the Albion fans had, there would never have been an Amex, hell there might even have never been an Albion. Good luck mate.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm getting sick of the love in on NSC, bad rep is going to happen! :lol:

In all seriousness, cheers fella and best of luck with the goings on at the Racecourse.

Whoever gave me neg rep on this I think you need to get a life, loosen up a bit and get laid. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here