Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Woman In Black - Not to be missed

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Coming to the Theatre Royal later this month is the most fantastic show that they will have there this year. It really is not to be missed.

If you don't normally "do" theatre, or haven't seen this show, I would strongly recommend you do yourself a favour and get down there. If you normally do telly or cinema, then this is the play that will show you what you're missing at the theatre.
If you have seen this show at the Fortune Theatre in London during its long run, here is a chance to see it locally in a brilliant atmospheric setting.

Have a look at this The Woman in Black : Home

No, I am not connected to the show or to the Theatre Royal in any way (and I have not posted this until I have safely got tickets for myself for the Friday AND Saturday night)
I just don't want you to miss it. I can't wait !

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Last time this was mentioned on here I checked it out and was very interested. Just a bit worried about the price having never been to anything like this before. Can anyone thats seen it before confirm whether the seating arrangement has that big an affect on the show? E.g. if I decided to go for the cheapest tickets, would the difference in enjoyment / atmosphere be that big compared to the closer (more expensive) tickets?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I seem to remember the leg room being a bit tight in places. not too good if you've got to sit for a couple of hours.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Last time this was mentioned on here I checked it out and was very interested. Just a bit worried about the price having never been to anything like this before. Can anyone thats seen it before confirm whether the seating arrangement has that big an affect on the show? E.g. if I decided to go for the cheapest tickets, would the difference in enjoyment / atmosphere be that big compared to the closer (more expensive) tickets?

I've seen this play five or six times. There's no doubt that the cheapest seats right up in the Gods will not get such a good view as those lower down, but I would say that any seat for this show is better than none because the whole place gets sucked into the tension and atmosphere.

I don't know anyone who has seen it that hasn't raved about it.

I ought to be on commission didn't I?

Lush

Mods' Pet

Please go. The Woman In Black is a decent introduction to the theatre and what a great experience theatre can be. Pay what you can afford - don't worry about forking out for expensive seats, but avoid the cheapest if you can.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have seen this 3 times before and it is superb. There will be a few of us NSC'ers going probably on the Fri night.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
By the way I would say pay for seats nearer the front, without giving too much away it is more 'scary' down the front.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
A great play - only my laundryman knows how much I enjoyed it !

J-Scott

Mar 9, 2009
I went to see this a few years ago, thought it was incredible

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea

I was in the Gods when I saw it at the Theatre Royal. Go. You won't be disappointed.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Saw this way back in 1988 near the start of its run. Remember them turning the cold air up during the more ghostly bits.

By the way I would say pay for seats nearer the front, without giving too much away it is more 'scary' down the front.

I'd agree to that you never quite know what you are going to see, once sat in the front row at a performance of Orton's What the Butler Saw and got a quick flash of minge from one of the actresses.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am so looking forward to Friday/Saturday

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Studied this book for my GCSE last year and we went to see the play as well. As theatre is not really my thing i thought it would be rubbish and boring but was a complete surprise and was really enjoyable. I cacked my pants half way through though! I really do recommend it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
I saw it last night and was DEAFENED by the terrified shrieks from the hundreds of teenage girls there .
( perhaps the mankini was a mistake , in retrospect )

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I saw it last night and was DEAFENED by the terrified shrieks from the hundreds of teenage girls there .
( perhaps the mankini was a mistake , in retrospect )

I concur. Even Mrs liked it, and that's saying something!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here