Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wilkins Situation.

Bearing in mind now that it has been over five weeks since Micky Adams was re-appointed our manager and that we have heard nothing from Dean Wilkins, I have a new theory, apologies if it has been discussed on here before as I have been away for three weeks.
Has Dean Wilkins had a nervous breakdown?
This is why I personally think we have not heard from him or his agent for the last five weeks.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Pretty embarrasing that someone can have a nervous breakdown over being demoted. If he was sacked it'd be understandable.

Pretty embarrasing that someone can have a nervous breakdown over being demoted. If he was sacked it'd be understandable.

No I don't think he has possibly had a nervous breakdown over being demoted, but that was the reason why he was demoted. I think possibly that he may have suffered this towards the end of last season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Yes, mental illness is really embarrassing isn't it? I bet if it were true he'd feel a right silly billy.

You idiot.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have every sympathy with him if anything like this is true, but I do think it's an utter FARCE the club haven't made any comment on Wilkins since they sacked him. It just goes to make us look even more unprofessional than we actually are.

Not at all.Why are people so bothered about the Wilkins issue? f*** sake we are ages away from kick off why concern yourself over it?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hopefully this will be sorted before pre sesaon training kicks in.Thats about two weeks away so lets not even worry about it.If these rumours are true then Wilkins and the club have every right to give everyone time to sort things out.I just hope these rumours are not true as that really is awful.

Hopefully this will be sorted before pre sesaon training kicks in.Thats about two weeks away so lets not even worry about it.If these rumours are true then he Wilkins and the club have every right to give every time to sort things out.I just hope these rumours are not true as that really is awful.

These AREN'T RUMOURS!!!! Just one of many theories I have about the whole situation.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He was sacked five weeks ago now, and offered a new job. How long do you take to make a decision on a job? I can't believe many employers would let you get away with wasting away over a month. It may be the close season, but this is really the most crucial period of the year. We need to be planning now, and putting in the groundwork for a successful season. I can't believe that not having a clue over the make-up of your coaching staff is really helping Adams achieve that. There is also the chance the club know Wilkins won't be coming back (which I believe to be the case), which then begs the question why not just make it public? They've made a very controversial decision in the first place (one which, had it happened at any other club, we'd be laughing at and labelling them a joke), so to then drag it out for so long seems to me to be just prolonging the uncertainty.

No matter what you post about this issue i won't agree with you.If pre season kicks in and it hasn't been sorted out then fair enough.It doesn't affect signing players or training so really it's no big issue yet.

They are rumours because this has been posted before which the thread got locked.

I didn't see the other thread so can't comment. But in this thread these are my opinons and not what I have heard "other people" say, therefore in my case they are not rumours.

Of course, my above post is totally ignoring the possibility that the 'breakdown' theory has any hint of truth in it. If it does, then while I wouldn't blame Wilkins or the club for the decisions they've made, I would question why they can't be more truthful. I'm not asking for a tabloid investigation into a man's illness, but they could have at least offered him the dignity of stepping aside for medical reasons, rather than allowing this farce to unravel.

If this theory is true I totally agree with you.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I didn't see the other thread so can't comment. But in this thread these are my opinons and not what I have heard "other people" say, therefore in my case they are not rumours.

Fair enough.Go back one page and at the very bottom is the thread.

Fair enough.Go back one page and at the very bottom is the thread.

Just read the thread and it only mentions rumours once, maybe the original poster used the word rumour incorrectly? I know the original poster of the thread and it is a theory we have talked about recently, but neither of us has mentioned rumours when discussing it.

Last edited:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Just read the thread and it only mentions rumours once, maybe the original poster used the word rumour incorrectly? I know the original poster of the thread and it is a theory we have talked about recently, but neither of us has mentioned rumours when discussing it.

I think once you post your "theories" on a message board they become rumours....and not very nice ones at that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here