Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The wicket for Melbourne.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
But I bet the MCG isn't, with 90,000 rocking the place.

It's definitely worth experiencing, but it's not how I'd like to watch cricket all the time.

This place on the other hand:

photo.JPG

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Will the relaid wickets at Hove be ready for next season? Do you think they will be a bit more pacey?

Yeah they'll get used next season, they will still need a couple of years yet to bed in to what they made to do which is more pace and bounce.....we hope!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yeah they'll get used next season, they will still need a couple of years yet to bed in to what they made to do which is more pace and bounce.....we hope!

Don't say that Marc ! you'll get lynched for that.

Apparently from next year you will be able to buy prepared pitches from Wyevale at 3 days notice and they would be perfectly playable !

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Don't say that Marc ! you'll get lynched for that.

Apparently from next year you will be able to buy prepared pitches from Wyevale at 3 days notice and they would be perfectly playable !

Lol nah people need to be told!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
you are therefore excused :D

although a lots changed, we no longer roll wickets with a horse drawn roller :p

It was nothing like as grand as yours Marc, anyway. I was groundsman for the King Alfred's College [Winchester 'University'] sports grounds. It was a one man job, which mostly involved reading the paper and drinking tea, occasionally leaving the clubhouse to keep the grass down, and preparing one strip a week for a college game. It was a shit pitch , at least partly because I was a shit and lazy groundsman. Fortunately the standard of the games was also shit. Their best player by miles was ME, pretending to be a student ( I was only 24 at the time), so they could win a few...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And for those who say teams don't arrange pitches to suit, I once deliberately left a great big fairy ring unattended, right on a length, for three weeks, as it was at 'my end'. I took fifteen wickets in those three games. :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was nothing like as grand as yours Marc, anyway. I was groundsman for the King Alfred's College [Winchester 'University'] sports grounds. It was a one man job, which mostly involved reading the paper and drinking tea, occasionally leaving the clubhouse to keep the grass down, and preparing one strip a week for a college game. It was a shit pitch , at least partly because I was a shit and lazy groundsman. Fortunately the standard of the games was also shit. Their best player by miles was ME, pretending to be a student ( I was only 24 at the time), so they could win a few...
Were you really Simon? It won't surprised you to know that I played on that ground back in the day. You probably prepared the pitch!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Were you really Simon? It won't surprised you to know that I played on that ground back in the day. You probably prepared the pitch!

If you did, while I was there, then I probably bowled you....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I actually played as a guest for a team of lecturers at King Alfreds, probably about 5 times, as one of the lecturers was a big cricket fan and a friend of the family.

In that case, if it WAS the same summer (1995) then you would more likely have played alongside me, than against me. I played for the staff team too.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

sounds like a nice little number, thats what I wanna do leading up to retirement, a nice little ground to look after part-time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here