June 18th Sheffield: Motorpoint Arena
June 20th Newcastle: Metro Arena
June 23rd Manchester: Arena
June 25th Cardiff: Motorpoint Arena
June 28th Birmingham: LG Arena
June 30th Liverpool: Echo Arena
July 3rd Paris: Bercy
July 5th Amsterdam: Ziggo Dome
Doesn't rule out an Amex gig on 1st June, does it?

LE19

[LOOK AT ME ALERT]
Hate to lower hopes, but I spoke to the tour promoter yesterday, and he denied it would happen. The cost of installing a stage and covering the pitch make it uneconomical, apparently. (FBS was a two-nighter, and the club didn't take a cut from the proceeds.) He did hint at a possible appearance of some sorts on Madeira Drive, around June 13.

Don't know where that leaves other potential (non-Who) concerts, though.
[/LOOK AT ME ALERT]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The cost of installing a stage and covering the pitch make it uneconomical, apparently.

I find this very hard to believe when stages and pitches are covered up all around the country for other gigs and events. What makes the AMEX so expensive?

LE19

I find this very hard to believe when stages and pitches are covered up all around the country for other gigs and events. What makes the AMEX so expensive?

I find it hard to believe too, but I know nothing about staging concerts. Apparently, setting up for a one-off gig is expensive (£75k was quoted), plus the Albion need a cut (again, £75k was quoted). Easier and cheaper to go to a dedicated venue, unless ticket sales are huge. Maybe we need three-day festivals?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
[LOOK AT ME ALERT]
Hate to lower hopes, but I spoke to the tour promoter yesterday, and he denied it would happen. The cost of installing a stage and covering the pitch make it uneconomical, apparently. (FBS was a two-nighter, and the club didn't take a cut from the proceeds.) He did hint at a possible appearance of some sorts on Madeira Drive, around June 13.

Don't know where that leaves other potential (non-Who) concerts, though.
[/LOOK AT ME ALERT]

Next time you see him tell him he's a disgrace!
The Who have made £100m between them & Brighton has formed a good part of the bedrock for that. Their fortnightly residency at Falmer that started them off should be enough for a return alone. Never mind Quadrophenia, mention in Pinball Wizard, Mods & Rockers historic fights and the legendary 48 hour queues for their 7 year wait comeback gigs in '79 etc etc
It's Shameful to mention 'covering the pitch costs' etc the opposite should be the case....please reconsider & suggest to Roger & Peter that they should be doing a 'FREE' gig (next year) as a thank you!

1964-2014 The Who & Brighton 50th Anniversary 'We Are The Mods' Live At Falmer

LE19

Next time you see him tell him he's a disgrace!
The Who have made £100m between them & Brighton has formed a good part of the bedrock for that. Their fortnightly residency at Falmer that started them off should be enough for a return alone. Never mind Quadrophenia, mention in Pinball Wizard, Mods & Rockers historic fights and the legendary 48 hour queues for their 7 year wait comeback gigs in '79 etc etc
It's Shameful to mention 'covering the pitch costs' etc the opposite should be the case....please reconsider & suggest to Roger & Peter that they should be doing a 'FREE' gig (next year) as a thank you!

1964-2014 The Who & Brighton 50th Anniversary 'We Are The Mods' Live At Falmer

Okay, I'll demand that he demands a free gig!

BTW, a couple of people have mentioned the early Falmer link - it just might tip the balance if someone can fill me in on the details?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
If the rest of the dates are indoor arenas there is no way they'd do a single outdoor one. Their entire stage set-up will be geared for indoors and presumably not weatherproofed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I find it hard to believe too, but I know nothing about staging concerts. Apparently, setting up for a one-off gig is expensive (£75k was quoted), plus the Albion need a cut (again, £75k was quoted). Easier and cheaper to go to a dedicated venue, unless ticket sales are huge. Maybe we need three-day festivals?

Hove cricket ground have put gigs on before. They made a one off gig pay when Elton John performed the first time about 6,7 years ago. Coventry have put one off gigs on. Still not convinced.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Assuming two sell-outs, ticket revenue would be around £3.6m (going on what they're charging for other venues), so while I'm sure that there may be one or several reasons why the Amex isn't part of the tour schedule yet, the £75k for the floor oughtn't be the clincher.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Assuming two sell-outs, ticket revenue would be around £3.6m (going on what they're charging for other venues), so while I'm sure that there may be one or several reasons why the Amex isn't part of the tour schedule yet, the £75k for the floor oughtn't be the clincher.

I wonder if promoters are put off by Falmer station being closed? Or the poor food and especially drink sales?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here