Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The West Stand next season

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...is going to be so influential on games.

It is frickin' enormous and from the front row of the WSL to the very back row of the WSU, everyone is peering down on the technical areas down below.

When stuff got heated at the Withdean, the South Stand would get very 'involved' with the opposing manager and other away dugout occupants. At the Amex it's going be that * 1000%. Standing in those technical areas, you feel very exposed - very vulnerable with those c13000 seats behind you.

The view from row Z of the WSU...
P1050907.JPG

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Perfect view and surroundings to give Adkins lots of grief next season.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I didn't know there was a row Z. I'm close to the middle in row X and was told the two rows behind us were being kept free for extra media for big games.
I'm hoping it will be like standing next to the speakers in a nightclub up there!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn't know there was a row Z. I'm close to the middle in row X and was told the two rows behind us were being kept free for extra media for big games.
I'm hoping it will be like standing next to the speakers in a nightclub up there!

Row Z is the back row, and is only there in the very middle. Probably only 20-30 seats wide.

message to all visiting managers, substitutes, physios etc:

At the Amex there is nowhere to hide!

I reckon any opposition players who are subbed off after a contentious decision will be wanting to go straight down the tunnel. Imagine sitting in the back of the dugout with 13,000 fans screaming at you.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
...is going to be so influential on games.

It is frickin' enormous and from the front row of the WSL to the very back row of the WSU, everyone is peering down on the technical areas down below.

When stuff got heated at the Withdean, the South Stand would get very 'involved' with the opposing manager and other away dugout occupants. At the Amex it's going be that * 1000%. Standing in those technical areas, you feel very exposed - very vulnerable with those c13000 seats behind you.

The view from row Z of the WSU...
View attachment 26113

Bozza I am very close to the back of this very view... do you have a bigger res of this pic please?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The capacity of the west stand is actually marginally bigger than the capacity of the Chelsea east stand... the 'tunnel end'... which is quite awesome really. Also, having sat in the very back row at the Emirates last season opposite the tunnel end, I can absolutely guarantee I had a great view even up in the sky. It'll be good up there in the higher echelons of the west stand this season coming.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If our crowds are large,can we have a west stand extension like the one we had at the Goldstone ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
it is rather imposing-what's the capacity again 11,500 odd?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here