Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The way to Yeovil?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I know the way to Amarillo, if that's of any use.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If you use the A27 from Brighton you may want to come off at Shoreham flyover and go across Washington Roundabout, through Storrington and out through Houghton, head striaght on back to A27 at Fontwell and save the lifetime trying to get through Arundel? Depends on what time but I'm guessing around 8-9 ish?

Lamps

Dec 30, 2008
Tenterden, Kent.
Just a heads up, the 50mph average speed cameras on the M3 will break you, and the A303 past Stonehenge can be soul destroying if you get stuck behind a lorry or tractor lol. Having said that the M27 will take a long time.
But I'd defintely go with your Sat Nav.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Crash or no crash, the 50mph average speed cameras on the M3 will break you, and the A303 past Stonehenge can be soul destroying if you get stuck behind a lorry or tractor lol. Having said that the M27 will take a long time.

But the A303 is a lovely drive....

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
m27 and a303 deffo,leave a bit later than 10 and your be fine,the pubs are shite so not worth getting there too early

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its an absolute ARSE of a place to get to, whatever route you take.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Right, this is the way I go when travelling (quite freqhently) down that part of the world. It avoides the M25, it avoids Stoneenge, it avoids the M3 average speed cameras.

A27 to Portsmouth, then M27 all the way round to junction 2(?) signposted to Salisbury on the A36.

When you get into Salisbury, just after the College on your right, turn left at the roundabout and follow it for 1/4 mile, then left at the next roundabout. Then 1/2 mile later turn right heading along the A3094 towards the hospital. Follow that road all the way to Quidhampton (3 or 4 miles) then turn left onto A36 and follow it north. After 15 miles or so you'll come to the A303 at a place called Deptford.

Join the A303 and 40 miles later you're in Yeovil. Nice drive.

Better than that, here you go Phils route to Yeovil

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
If you do A27, M27, M3, A34 A303 you will avoid the carnage that is Salisbury which has roadworks at the Tesco roundabout which is a nightmare.

Also no average speed cameras on that part of the M3 between Southampton and the A34 junction

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here