Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vote - Wilkins V Adams - Part 2

Wilkins or Adams?

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nope. Hope we do well but still MIFFED about the way Wilkins was treated.

It is not that I am ANTI-Adams because I am not by any means. I just saw no reason to change the manager. Certainly not in the manner it was done.

I guess time will tell...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

It is not that I am ANTI-Adams because I am not by any means. I just saw no reason to change the manager. Certainly not in the manner it was done.

Im sure you'll get over it. A few people were MIFFED over the way McGhee was removed as well.

As you say time will tell, im sure we'll be pushing hard towards the championship this year though.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
McGhee was taking the team DOWN hill. Wilkins was IMPROVING.

McGhee was sacked after a string of poor results. Wilkins had just enjoyed a strong late run of form which nearly ended in the play offs.

McGhee won about 6 games in 50 odd...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Snap. A few people have given me the insiders perspective about the Hammond contract (which has been on here anyway) and I still don't see what supposedly happened as being unforgivable. I bet stuff like that goes on all the time at football club across the country.

I genuinely enjoyed the football last season (although must admit to being a home game only supporter these days) and thought the club was moving forward. I think we should have done everything we could to keep someone with 20 years service and an incredible youth development record at the club in some capacity. If it was handled properly I think he would have stayed but the board made it impossible for him to do so. It leaves a very bitter taste.

Good luck to MA. It's a shame he came back under these circumstances. I'm bit miffed about Virgo, the five centre halves scenario and the lack of cover in some vital areas (goalkeeper, back up striker, creative central midfielder). I'm also disappointed that the long awaited clearout didn't stand, but pleased Paul Reid is not back. I just hope he doesn't do a Mullery.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
My view has'nt changed from the day Adams returned, I'm pleased to see him back but the way he returned leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, was hoping for a couple more signings. But then again there is still time.

Agreed. Initial enthusiasm and delight at Wilkins departure seemed to have been replaced with a sense of "oh well, here we go again" feeling.

McLeod is the only really exciting signing - the other 3 are just good, solid players, but ones that aren't really likely to make watching Albion fun again.

Having said that, last seasons team was grinding out results, so hopefully this one, with a better manager, will go further than that.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Agreed. Initial enthusiasm and delight at Wilkins departure seemed to have been replaced with a sense of "oh well, here we go again" feeling.

McLeod is the only really exciting signing - the other 3 are just good, solid players, but ones that aren't really likely to make watching Albion fun again.

Having said that, last seasons team was grinding out results, so hopefully this one, with a better manager, will go further than that.

I think Livermore could be good aswell, but the fact he had to settle for Richards (who was a Wilkins signing) and he brought back Hart and Mayo just makes me wonder if we really do want the championship.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I think Livermore could be good aswell, but the fact he had to settle for Richards (who was a Wilkins signing) and he brought back Hart and Mayo just makes me wonder if we really do want the championship.

Of course we do :thud:

The higher the league the higher the payment and the more chance we have of TV money, higher gates etc

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

The higher the league the higher the payment and the more chance we have of TV money, higher gates etc

Are you EVER capable of reading between the lines? You ALWAYS seem to believe EVERYTHING the club puts forward, or is considered 'probable'.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford

No, right youve missed my point. The last couple of season of course the club wanted promotion, but when Adams came in and we made a couple of early signigns it seemed as though the club were really going for it. But now it all seems to have just stopped. I think youve been reading Martin Perry's Falmer diary abit to much.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
No, right youve missed my point. The last couple of season of course the club wanted promotion, but when Adams came in and we made a couple of early signigns it seemed as though the club were really going for it. But now it all seems to have just stopped. I think youve been reading Martin Perry's Falmer diary abit to much.

Nothing to do with the stadium diary

Do you not think we look good for promotion with the squad we are building?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here