Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The village / amateur 2024 CRICKET thread...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I’m assuming B & H 1st’s were promoted back to Div 2 ?
They won div 3 east so believe that's straight promotion. Was a surprise that B&h had dropped from 2 last year but I believe they kept their squad together which will have helped them.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
By coincidence, my Uber driver home this evening played for Rottingdean and was bemoaning their relegation. Interesting chat as we knew a few players in common - although he plays at a far higher level than I ever did.
Div 2 is an interesting standard. I was surprised at just how good it was. Prem players are county players on the fringe , ex county , overseas and players who could play county but have a decent main job. As a result div 2 has some fantastic talents inc players in the county set up such as @Fignon's Ponytail son. It's a tough one to think do you play those that got you there, go hell for leather for overseas or pre players on their way down.

My son is a way off that standard

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bit random but did your brother (or another relative) end up with a batting average of 95 this season? I follow a few cricket accounts on Twitter and a tweet from York CC just ended up on my 'for you' feed with a familiar name from school on.
Ha, yes. That’s my older brother Matt.

The first of those two tons, was his first since 1995! He’s had a great year, after admittedly dropping a couple levels, in order the skipper their 4ths and mentor his youngest lad, in his first year of senior cricket.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ha, yes. That’s my older brother Matt.

The first of those two tons, was his first since 1995! He’s had a great year, after admittedly dropping a couple levels, in order the skipper their 4ths and mentor his youngest lad, in his first year of senior cricket.

I think you may have another brother, initial D, who I bowled to in a match in 1990.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was at our final game of the season in Mid-Sussex this weekend. But where was I ?

1726572572176.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here