Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The vegetable you never know what to do with

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Celeriac. It seemed to be in our organic veg box every single week

Same as. Abel & Cole?

alternatively make some celeriac mash - normal mashed potatoes then add roughly the same amount of celeriac boiled seperately for 15/20 minutes and smashed in a blender or passed through a sieve. Mix the two together with butter and seasoning.Either serve right then just as you normally would mashed 'taters or return to an ovenproof dish and grill lightly for some added flavour. Brilliant with steak

Cheers - might give that a go with the roast on Sunday :thumbsup:

Celery - nasty stuff.

Cucumber - I hates it! On the rare occasions when Mrs. P. makes me a luvverly cheese and pickle roll she invariably uses the same knife that she has sliced the young Potting's lunchtime cucumber with. I can taste it in my roll, not so luvverly then.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've always found the artichoke intimidating.

It's the sort of vegetable that makes you realise you shouldn't have slagged off sprouts and cabbage quite so much, as they look positively appetising by comparison.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Thanks everyone. I think this is my most successful-ever thread.
I think my Georgie Grill will now come in handy when i buy my next aubergine. The only difficulty i have for the sensible suggestions is that my kind of girlfriend who i most regularly cook for had a scary dream of cheese a decade ago and can't eat it now. I'll have to eat it alone, which i can most happily do with it caked in wet cheddar.

In other related vegetable news, i had a slightly pungent wee wee earlier and thought i should buy some asparagus to excuse that all-of-a-suddenly-odd aroma. So i have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here