vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Best thing to do with an Aubergine is to leave it on the supermarket shelf

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

Cheers. I'll save that.
I've just been cooking the bugger in a pasta bake with shrooms, onions, toms, and a white sauce. Crushed garlic and a sprinkling of sage thrown in for good measure. But the aubergine for me is still the spongiest of veg, making it the out of work uncle of the naturally-grown world, scavving off the hard graft off of other more honest vegetables like the courgette.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
okra.jpg

Okra

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife bought some Pak Choi in Tesco as it is different to the usual veg available at this time of the year but after reading that it is usually used in salads or stir frys may have made a balls up. Apparently you can steam if for a couple of minutes but not a lot of taste to it according to the internet.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I would suggest chargrilling thin slices of said aubergine on a f..k off hot griddle pan before draping over steak

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That's what I have for dinner tonight, not Jamies recipe though. Mmm I think it is one of my favourite dinners.

I've never used that recipe tbh, but its basically what I cook. I got the recipe from the cook at Al Forno, he called it Melanzane alla Parmigiana. I had it on Sunday, its my favourite as well.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
moussaka - top Greek aubergine based grub.

for me it's the raddish. pointless

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That gherkin thing in burgers. Whoever thought that was a good idea? Tho it probably is, compared to the abomination of an 'Aussie Burger'. Which is a decent enough burger ruined with... BEETROOT FFS :facepalm:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Celeriac. It seemed to be in our organic veg box every single week, so we cancelled them.

Bizarrely, and coincidentally, I bought one from the supermarket when I did the shop this week. I confidently predict I'll be throwing it away in a week or so.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Aubergine: Carefully peel it and then chop the middle bits into small cubes and put in lightly salted cold water. Strain into a saucepan..............................................................

.......then use the water to boil something else in, and throw the fukcing bits of aubergine away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here