Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The USA are really 'getting' the game...

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I was in Orlando at Easter and was amazed by the high profile of Orlando City FC.

That wasn't you I saw at Orlando International airport on April 7th, was it? Saw someone wearing a Brighton top, sat down near the cap store, as I walked past with my two lads, both wearing Brighton tops (IIRC one was the orange top, the other...normal home. I think. We took a range of them with us to wear!) We exchanged knowing smiles as we headed off for our gate! :)

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
That wasn't you I saw at Orlando International airport on April 7th, was it? Saw someone wearing a Brighton top, sat down near the cap store, as I walked past with my two lads, both wearing Brighton tops (IIRC one was the orange top, the other...normal home. I think. We took a range of them with us to wear!) We exchanged knowing smiles as we headed off for our gate! :)

No it wasn't - however the Orlando City team were waiting by our gate for a flight to Philly and I did get a cheeky fan pic with Kaka!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I think the Americans must develop their own superstars. Footballers such as PL gk Tim Howard (USA WC star), Tim Ream of Fulham, etc need to play in America such as Seattle's Clint Dempsey (another USA WC star) so that Americans can see their best. The fans will learn their names and learn to appreciate their skill.

But most of America's best players have a career of some sort in Europe e.g Bradley at Roma, Dempsey at Fulham and Howard at United and Everton because they want to raise their standards and be better players.

I remember watching Yedlin (now at Sunderland) play for the Sounders he was far too good to play that level of football. The cream of the crop will always want to play for Europe's top clubs and chase the money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here