Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The US Open tennis 2016

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Well done Kyle Edmund. A fantastic win against a difficult opponent. This really is turning into a special tournament for the Brits. :clap:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
The hissy fit by Isner when he realised he'd run out of challenges near the end was priceless. Edmund appears remarkably level-headed. Not sure what lies ahead against Djokokic, but this young man is turning into quite a player.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What could help Novak Djokovic if he goes deep in the tournament is that he has now won his last 2 matches on retirements.

I'm not so sure. He may be fresher, but these top guys use these early round matches to sharpen up so they're at their best come the deeper rounds. He needs game-time especially with doubts over his injuries, but we'll see - he's still the best player at his best. Will be interesting to see what Edmund can do against him, but I can't really see a win for the Brit - would be nice to be wrong.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Andy Murray struggling against Pablo Lorenzi. A set all and Murray was fortunate to win the first set tie break. Will have to up his game.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
It's the first time Murray has played Lorenzi in a competitive match for over 10 years. He tends to find it difficult sometimes against players he hasn't come up against before or who he hasn't played for a long time, especially if, like Lorenzi, they are in the form of their life and really going for every shot.

History tends to show though that Murray works a way out eventually and then gets the desired result.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's brilliant. I would stay up normally but I'm shattered. Hopefully wake up to good news in t'morning. :thumbsup:

Noooo! Evans had match point to beat Wawrinka and lost in five sets.

At least Nishikori and Radwanska are through to the fourth round. Not bad to have two 25/1 shots through to the last 16. A long way to go though and it'll get tougher this week.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Be interesting to see if Evans kicks on from this an continues To improve.

We have 3 British men In too 100, when did that last happen?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Andy Murray struggling against Pablo Lorenzi. A set all and Murray was fortunate to win the first set tie break. Will have to up his game.

I enjoyed watching Lorenzi................Did anyone think that facially he looked a bit like Skalak ?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's the first time Murray has played Lorenzi in a competitive match for over 10 years. He tends to find it difficult sometimes against players he hasn't come up against before or who he hasn't played for a long time, especially if, like Lorenzi, they are in the form of their life and really going for every shot.

History tends to show though that Murray works a way out eventually and then gets the desired result.

In a way this match was too easy for Murray, it was more like a first round match. Far too many unforced errors and his first serve was pretty awful. He picked it up after the second set, once the started concentrating properly and not going for too many winners when they weren't there. He was never going to lose, but should have got it done quicker. Fair play to Lorenzi, he never stopped running, his legs must have been burning, especially after playing 5 hours just 2 days ago.

Shame about Dan Evans, I never thought he'd beat Stan, but he did not look out of place at all. I hope he can kick on from here, he should take a lot of confidence from it.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Andy Murray in control against Nishikori. 4-1 up in first set.

If he gets to the final he's not going to have much recovery time before the Davis Cup semi-final on Friday week versus Argentina.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Andy Murray in control against Nishikori. 4-1 up in first set.

If he gets to the final he's not going to have much recovery time before the Davis Cup semi-final on Friday week versus Argentina.

Nishikori levels at one set all and 2-1 up in games, playing really well. Could a shock be on the cards?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Heading to a fifth!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Totally absorbing game, Nishikori serving to stay in the match

And does 5-5

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here