Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The US Masters

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
BarrelofFun said:
Why on earth are his odds so long??? He is class! Good find Trig.
Michael Campbell is bound to lose a limb on the way round knowing my luck.

:lolol:

Anyone got the latest scores to hand?...

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
core Player Holes
-1 R Beem 12
-1 R Mediate 12
-1 T Clark 9
-1 M Weir 8
-1 V Singh 7
-1 F Couples 6
-1 T Purdy 4
-1 T Herron 3
-1 N O'Hern 3
-1 L Westwood 1
Selected Others
Level M Campbell 10
Level D Howell 8
Level R Goosen 7
Level D Toms 6
Level H Stenson 6
+1 J Olazabal 6
+1 T Woods 5
+2 L Donald 6
+5 N Faldo 11
+5 P McGinley 9

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
BarrelofFun said:
Why on earth are his odds so long??? He is class! Good find Trig.
He's the current US Open Champion for a reason.........get some on him each way but i expect Tiger to win this, unless he gets distracted by his fathers health......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I absolutely love The Masters, even the g/f finds it strangely addictive.
She's come to the conclusion it's an asthetics thing, just the shere perfection of Augusta.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Appalling coverage last night, which is the fault of the American coverage and the Masters committee but Peter Alliss is bloody appalling. I think Tiger is looking good and despite the worry of his fathers health hanging over him I feel now is the time to back him and at 6/1 on Betfair I think he's cracking value.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was disappointed that the BBC didn't show more of the golfers. We seemed to see Ernie's entire round, and then hardly anything of Howell or other golfers. Disappointing!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Well I'm happy - I'm sat on Oberholser E/Way at 150-1 and Mickleson at 13/2.

As for the coverage, its not great but (a) It will get better on Saturday and Sunday and (B) Remember moaning about this when the endless adverts come on when Sky's covering the US PGA.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
At least with Sky you get coverage from 5PM (in the majors) and you only get adverts when the yanks go for a break which the bbc have to fill in with crap. Part of the problem is that there aren't enough golfers out on the course when the coverage starts.

Remember before Sky came along the BBC only showed the Masters and The Open - they weren't interested in the other tournaments (and still aren't!!).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's about time Sergio Garcia got his act together, he'd be my dark horse. It is difficult to see past Vijay Singh for a winner, though.

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Pavilionaire said:
It's about time Sergio Garcia got his act together, he'd be my dark horse. It is difficult to see past Vijay Singh for a winner, though.

Yeah, well predicted at the start of day two.

Can i give you a call half way through tomorrows lottery numbers?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Did anyone else think the amount of missed putts last night was iordinate? Couples 3 putted from 6 feet, Tiger doing the same from 10?

They may as well have handed it to Mickelson on a plate. Still, can't fault the fat American, he made so few mistakes he did deserve it in the end.

Roll on the Ryder cup - Enough there from the Europeans to suggest that Olzabel, Clarke, Harrington and Howell can match the Americans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here