Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The (Unofficial) Sussex vs Nottinghamshire Thread

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I reckon a lead of 200+ could just be enough - should be a good day to be there tomorrow

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
I think so but going back to me earleir post he doesn't seem the sort to admit fecking up does he?

No but I think this beligerent nature of his is a good thing.

You could also argue that Mushy on a day 4 pitch on form can destroy teams.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Looks more and more like Adams made a mistake in batting first.

A bit harsh: the Argus reported that it has been three years since a captain has chosen to bowl first at Hove. It's not a wicket for first use and remember, they have to bat fourth innings against Mushy, he's different gravy to the Notts spinners.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That's interesting about teams choosing to bat first, didn't know that. I've just heard that on the first morning the outfield was very wet, the air was moist and there was no hint of sun.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It's also a mental thing, cricket, as those of us who play would agree, is partly in the mind, chosing to bat second at hove is to seemingly give the initiative to the oppo.

But whatever your batting strengths. it's almost worth batting first when you have a very high quality spinner to bamboozle on day 4

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
NIGHTMARE

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Oh for fucks sake. Two wickets for no runs straight after lunch. Who did the catering? Spurs?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tits :angry:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Prior culpable for giving himself up to the occasional spin of Hussey just after the fall of a wicket...?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Woeful collapse. That's that then. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here