Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
While quickly scanning through the thread,I noticed the stupidest Eurinner attempt to re-write history yet!Goebbels was very good at repeating lies until they became 'fact',but it still didn't make them true.Apparently the EU was the magnet that ended fascism in Spain,Portugal,and Greece.Utter rubbish.Franco left power in 1973,Salazar in 1968,and the Greek junta in 1974.The EU was formed in 1993,so unless they also introduced time travel as well,this is just poorly researched lies.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
We are France and Germanys biggest market - why on earth would they NOT want to trade with us?!!

They may well love to. But as has been pointed out so often, it is not just France and Germany. Every EU member would have to sign up to the terms of a trading agreement with an external country such as the UK.

In any case, it is not just about 'trading with us'. Trade will go on anyway, whether it's under general WTO terms, a bilateral trade deal such as the one being sorted out with Canada or, best of all, free access to the single market. (My, what a wonderful prize that last one would be.)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I see somebody else is spreading poorly researched rubbish,hinting jobs going at Nissan.So Nissan are going to throw away the near £500 million of recent investment in heavy plant,the new Juke line,the Infiniti line,new battery factory and go off in a hissy fit.If BMW,Porsche,Mercedes,Volkswagen want to sell their cars here,then I'm sure the German government would set up a new trade deal in weeks,not years on a level playing field,so why would Nissan go?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I see somebody else is spreading poorly researched rubbish,hinting jobs going at Nissan.So Nissan are going to throw away the near £500 million of recent investment in heavy plant,the new Juke line,the Infiniti line,new battery factory and go off in a hissy fit.If BMW,Porsche,Mercedes,Volkswagen want to sell their cars here,then I'm sure the German government would set up a new trade deal in weeks,not years on a level playing field,so why would Nissan go?
I'm sure Nissan like the rest would love a fresh new deal and why wouldn't they...none of these big companies are going as they need our pennies end of.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Nissan has been under long-term pressure from the French government - a major shareholder in its partner Renault - to move future production to France. Meanwhile, Micras, which were produced in Sunderland, are now being manufactured in the EU again, at Flins. It is not idle speculation to suggest that this pressure will increase, and become less resistible, if Nissan finds its Sunderland production lines outside the EU.

In the circumstances, you can understand people in the Sunderland area wanting the UK to remain in the EU. And even if you can't understand it, others might.

Regarding Germany 'setting up a new trade deal in weeks' I can only refer back to post 1692, immediately above yours. German influence over every other country in the EU only goes so far.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Do sky news only show the "IN" camp stories and views?
So bloody typical and the Irish are now saying it will affect our relationship with them....Christ what a load of twaddle we get every day from the gutless boring self obsessed "in" camp.

And Obama really has no right to poke his nose into our affairs....You know that **** Cameron rung him crying and begged him to come over,so predictable grrrrrrr.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
The only way the UK will ever get the reforms it wants is to vote leave.

It's a shame the remain campaign have to spout unproven claims in order to win.That's called bullying in my book.
This campaign is shockingly bad and sadly people are falling for it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So bloody typical and the Irish are now saying it will affect our relationship with them....Christ what a load of twaddle we get every day from the gutless boring self obsessed "in" camp.

And Obama really has no right to poke his nose into our affairs....You know that **** Cameron rung him crying and begged him to come over,so predictable grrrrrrr.

It really is so biased. I am surprised that the vote is still close, it is like watching a boxer with one hand tied behind his back and a patch on one eye.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

Yeah all these friends and allies trying to give us advice - boo to them! We only listen to ourselves!

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
It really is so biased. I am surprised that the vote is still close, it is like watching a boxer with one hand tied behind his back and a patch on one eye.

The for and against arguments do seem to match up like that. On one hand you have the economic stability of the UK and its place in the world, on the other hand you have Boris Johnson eyeing up No 10.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The for and against arguments do seem to match up like that. On one hand you have the economic stability of the UK and its place in the world, on the other hand you have Boris Johnson eyeing up No 10.

Very lame. This vote is about our future, it is important, the fact that Boris and many others are for exit is balanced by those with dodgy references that want in.
This referendum is more important than trying to diss a politician that does not agree with your view.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Very lame. This vote is about our future, it is important, the fact that Boris and many others are for exit is balanced by those with dodgy references that want in.
This referendum is more important than trying to diss a politician that does not agree with your view.

I'm not trying to diss Boris but he was in before he was out. His article in the Telegraph was a sort of Brexit-lite. Not the full Brexit that is actually on the table.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm not trying to diss Boris but he was in before he was out. His article in the Telegraph was a sort of Brexit-lite. Not the full Brexit that is actually on the table.

So..... Corbyn hated the EU, he had virtually the same views as many now, yet in spite of the RMT and other unions and bodies that support Labour and want out.....he has changed his views to in.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Can't watch sky news anymore as its ridiculously biased in which is a bloody shame grrrrrr.
Most have already made up their minds anyway.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Pretty much so and let's be honest people have had it with politicians anyway as they're just public school boys who've never lived in the real world.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Vote IN. Vote Brexit and our nation will crumble. :ffsparr:
Crumble?
It will flourish and we'll have our country back...The "in" crew are gutless and selfish and like politicians are only interested in the monetary side.
If we stay the EU will slowly destroy this country and drain even more money out of us....Why give a middle man billions when you can do it yourself?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here