Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Time to batten down the hatches....Lets see how much tv coverage Obama gets tomorrow for poking his nose into something that has nothing to do with him.

Cameron the public school boy must have begged him to come here otherwise why would he?

Obama hasn't even said yet what we all know he's going to say however I'm already fuming. I'm also fuming over the eight former U.S. treasury secretaries who wrote a letter
to the Times urging us to remain. Get lost America.Deal with your own messed up country and don't meddle with ours.You know nothing about the EU. You would never ever tolerate
being part of a union where you don't decide your own laws and policies.Go to hell.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The Silent Merger, with the Germans in control.

The German and Dutch armies and navies are poised to “merge”, creating the nucleus of the European Union’s longed for pan-EU military force. Pointing to German ministerial statements spelling out the creation of an EU Army as the ultimate goal, critics say Britain’s military will not be able to avoid being sucked in if the country remains within the Union.

The German government has revealed that Dutch and German land armies and navies are set to move towards “closer integration”, with two Dutch units already coming under German command. Last month the Dutch 43rd Mechanised Brigade was subsumed into the German 1st Armoured Division, following the takeover of the Dutch 11th Airmobile Brigade by German command last year. The two countries are also already sharing the Netherland’s largest war ship, the Karel Doorman, and aim to merge its two naval powers into one unified navy within the next two years. That leaves the Netherlands with just the 13th Mechanised Brigade to its name, along with special forces and military infrastructure, but the plan is to accelerate towards a merger of these entities within the next few years, Germany’s Sachsische Zeitung confirms.

According to insiders, the Czech Republic has now entered talks to bring its army under German control, with the Poles also mooted to be part of the plan. The accelerated timetable follows a speech given by Germany’s Defence Minister Ursula von der Leye last year, in which she stated the overall aim of merging Europe’s defence forces into one unified army. “The European Army is our long-term goal, but first we have to strengthen the European Defence Union,” she said, adding: “To achieve this, some nations with concrete military cooperation must come to the fore – and the Germans and the Dutch are doing this.”

As Britain prepares to go to the polls to vote on whether or not to remain within the European Union, UK Independence Party Defence spokesman Mike Hookem MEP has warned that if the country does opt to remain, the British military forces will not be able to resist the same fate. “The EU is moving towards a common defence and foreign policy regime with an EU army as the goal,” he said. “While Britain remains in the EU, we cannot escape being part of this dangerous setup. The EU was supposed to be about corralling Germany military dominance in Europe. That aspiration has clearly died and just as Germany now politically dominates the EU, this latest move with the Dutch army shows that in time Germany wants to expand and control as much as it can militarily.”

In September last year the Telegraph reported that German chancellor Angela Merkel expected British PM David Cameron to “drop his opposition to an EU army in exchange for supporting Britain’s [EU] renegotiation”. Mr. Cameron is believed to have dropped his opposition, in exchange for a widely mocked “renegotiation” deal with the European Union.

www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/20...-forces-merge-bringing-eu-army-a-step-closer/

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Obama hasn't even said yet what we all know he's going to say however I'm already fuming. I'm also fuming over the eight former U.S. treasury secretaries who wrote a letter
to the Times urging us to remain. Get lost America.Deal with your own messed up country and don't meddle with ours.You know nothing about the EU. You would never ever tolerate
being part of a union where you don't decide your own laws and policies.Go to hell.

I suspect they do know about the EU and would guess that they know far more about the machinations of it than you or I. They are also at liberty to comment as any potential affect on world trade would affect them. You don't have to listen to them and you don't need to let it affect how you vote.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We are going to leave the EU and forge an alliance with the Russians again and take over the world.....we will all be better off in 2030...

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I suspect they do know about the EU and would guess that they know far more about the machinations of it than you or I. They are also at liberty to comment as any potential affect on world trade would affect them. You don't have to listen to them and you don't need to let it affect how you vote.

Nonsense.I suspect they have never bothered to research the EU because americans are the most insular people there is.They have zilch right to comment on events here.They are only interested on whether or not Britian being in or out is good for them.They couldn't give a stuff about us.No it won't of course affect how I vote but believe it or not there are those weak and ignorant who will listen.

As I said and as has been said by so many people,America would never accept being part of a union.

D

Deleted member 22389

Nonsense.I suspect they have never bothered to research the EU because americans are the most insular people there is.They have zilch right to comment on events here.They are only interested on whether or not Britian being in or out is good for them.They couldn't give a stuff about us.No it won't of course affect how I vote but believe it or not there are those weak and ignorant who will listen.

As I said and as has been said by so many people,America would never accept being part of a union.

It's so pathetic that the PM has to wheel out Obama to give his opinion, desperation because deep down the PM knows what a shit deal we really get from the EU.

D

Deleted member 22389

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It doesn't matter what thread you are posting on you always seem to be able to post garbage. Remarkable consistency.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
"Can we take back control of our borders and our money and our system of government? Yes we can.

Can we stand on our own two feet? Yes we can.

Can we build a new and prosperous relationship with the rest of the EU, based on free trade and intergovernmental cooperation? Yes we can.

Can we speak up for the hundreds of millions around the continent who also feel estranged from the Brussels project? Can we once again be the champions of democracy? Yes we can."

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

"Can we take back control of our borders and our money and our system of government? Yes we can.

Can we stand on our own two feet? Yes we can.

Can we build a new and prosperous relationship with the rest of the EU, based on free trade and intergovernmental cooperation? Yes we can.

Can we speak up for the hundreds of millions around the continent who also feel estranged from the Brussels project? Can we once again be the champions of democracy? Yes we can."

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sad that Cameron bought Obamas visit forward to coincide with the referendum, Cameron has no confidence in our country or the people for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
It doesn't matter what thread you are posting on you always seem to be able to post garbage. Remarkable consistency.

That post shows your ignorance and inability to accept a point of view that doesn't agree with yours.
Try to be a better man and not hurl childish insults.

I also find it a little spooky that you're following me around this site. There are helplines for people like you.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
dear Mr Obama
firstly I think you are an OK sort of guy.
but I would like to ask you a few questions
do any American citizens vote in the referendum on Europe.
would the USA give up its rights to detemine its own future.
would the USA have to go to other statesto ask to be allowed to trade with who its likes.
I think the answer to those questions will be NO, so why are you interfering.
so can I ask you politely to bugger off and mind your own business
have a nice day

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Oh well, I suppose Obama must resign himself to joining the long, long list of deluded fools, busybodies and know-nothings who've had the temerity to say something about this referendum than the Brexiters disagree with. Interesting that there's been no outrage against Vladimir Putin, another foreign leader whose views on the subject are well known. But that will have everything to do with the fact that Putin is one of the few to want us out of the EU. (I am sure he has his reasons for that wish.)

There seems no doubt that Cameron has asked Obama for his help but the American position on this is surely genuine. I read the words of the US ambassador over the weekend: "Every time I talk about this I will made people unhappy... but I can't say nothing. From our perspective we know that the UK makes every organisation it's part of better and stronger: the UN Security Council, Nato, many more. And one of the few organisations the UK is a member of but we're not is the EU. We need more bridges, more connections... Of course it's up to you. And of course we care. We have no stronger ally. It's your decision. But we keep saying in a respectful way, yes, we want a strong UK in a strong EU."

There's no attempt to bully or hector here. And there's no attempt to pretend that the US doesn't have a strong self-interest at stake. But perhaps, on this occasion, the self-interests of the two old allies coincide.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That post shows your ignorance and inability to accept a point of view that doesn't agree with yours.
Try to be a better man and not hurl childish insults.

I also find it a little spooky that you're following me around this site. There are helplines for people like you.

Basically two threads so don't get paranoid.

I can take on board an alternative view when reasonably presented, plenty of which other posters do. You just seem to rant uncontrollably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here