• Blackadder

Votes: 194 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What do people feel would've made for the closest/most deserving final?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
People are saying Fawlty Towers is overrated.....but do you not remember that moment he.....hahaha......he......hahaha.....he grabbed that branch and.......hahahaha......he HIT ......haha......HE HIT THE CAR!!!!!
And goose-stepping in front of a GERMAN!!!!!shift-1

"You started it". Oh my aching sides.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
What do people feel would've made for the closest/most deserving final?

I don’t think this is a terrible final at all, the only shows that could have given me pause for thought before voting would have been Porridge, Not Only But Also, the Young Ones or Father Ted.

Not Only But Also weren’t nominated (even by me) and the others were all present but fell early against mostly worthy opponents (I still don’t get the love for Inbetweeners)

A well run competition where hard choices had to be made early, with my picks mostly on the losing side. So be it, I soldier on grimly.

However, if anyone out there tried to tell me that a World Cup of comedy authors would not have a final of Terry Pratchett vs P.G. Wodehouse, I would be forced to take measures.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
However, if anyone out there tried to tell me that a World Cup of comedy authors would not have a final of Terry Pratchett vs P.G. Wodehouse, I would be forced to take measures.
Surely we're missing Jeeves and Wooster then?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I would love to have seen another Blackadder series, but where could they go after such an amazing finale to Blackadder goes forth?

Conversely, I don’t need to see another Fawlty Towers and shuddered when Cleese said he was bringing it back. It was great in its day, but that was then, this is now and I’m not sure it has aged (or will continue to age) as well as Blackadder.

Gutted that Father Ted and the Fast Show didn’t make it further. Would also love to see how Ted Lasso fares in the future. Was it even in this year’s tournament?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Another vote for Blackadder. I'm not going to slag off Fawlty Towewrs though, I loved that the first time I saw it. It's just not got the longevity of Blackadder.

Would have loves to have seen Partridge or Ted in the final against Edmund but that's why we love un seeded knock out competitions. Sometimes the big guns play each other earlier than they should and you're forced to make decisions you wanted to put off.

Lovely work @Mellotron, these competitions can be a right ballache to put on once the initial excitement/enthusiasm has worn off.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Blackadder must win for a life time of quotes and one liners. My family constantly hark back to so many of them. Also for the best one off character in a comedy series .....the fantastic red faced pervent that was the Bishop of Bath and Wells! Pure gold (or green). I bet the actual Bishop of Bath and Wells gets a few one liners put his way...the collosal pervert :oops:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Well out of the two finalists, it can only be Blackadder. Love Flowery Twats but only 6 episodes.

However, I am still sulking at Ted not making it to the final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here