Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Twenty20 Finals Day Thread

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
lets hope the bowlers can do the business

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Damn, decide to spend an afternoon listening to cricket and this is what happens.

Even with my limited knowledge, this looks bad. Still Sussex have snatched victory from the jaws of defeat before, right?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
We have the bowlers to at least make a game of it.....a Lords-esque Kirtley performance would be nice!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Can somebody explain to me what constitutes bowling/throwing as Malinga appears to me to be throwing the ball round arm at shoulder height.

Law 24.3 A ball is fairly delivered in respect of the arm if, once the bowler's arm has reached the level of the shoulder in the delivery swing, the elbow joint is not straightened partially or completely from that point until the ball has left the hand. This definition shall not debar a bowler from flexing or rotating the wrist in the delivery swing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Law 24.3 A ball is fairly delivered in respect of the arm if, once the bowler's arm has reached the level of the shoulder in the delivery swing, the elbow joint is not straightened partially or completely from that point until the ball has left the hand. This definition shall not debar a bowler from flexing or rotating the wrist in the delivery swing.

Still looked like a throw to me but then I am not 100% au fait with cricket rules etc.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
game over :(

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the spinners are going to be the key in this one....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here