Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Truth About Saddam Hussein

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
You know the official American story is that they found Saddam down a hole...

BAGHDAD, Iraq, Dec. 14, 2003- A force of 600 American soldiers captured Saddam Hussein in a raid on Saturday night on an isolated farm near Tikrit, American military officials said today. The former Iraqi president was found, haggard and disoriented but alive, hiding at the bottom of an 8-foot-deep hole.

Mr. Hussein was armed with a pistol at the time of his capture, but he offered no resistance and not one shot was fired in the operation, military officials said.

I've heard from a good source that this story is, in fact, inaccurate. I've heard that the Kurds had already captured Saddam and had been holding him for a while with the aim of making a deal with the Americans over aid etc.

He was drugged up to his eyeballs when he was "found" by the Americans but he was put into that hole by the Kurds and the Yanks were tipped off. I wonder why the Americans persist with the story that they found him all by themselves... :jester:

I cannot divulge my source but he was in Baghdad at the time when Saddam was caught.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Itchy Beard
14cnd-saddam.7.184.jpg

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i dont really beileve what the yanks say, appartlenty they won WW2 on there own

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Snoobs`Seagull said:
So why can't you divulge your source?

He's an operative that has worked in all the troublespots like Kosovo, Bosnia and Iraq. I obviously can't reveal his name.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Downloaded Penguin said:
He's an operative that has worked in all the troublespots like Kosovo, Bosnia and Iraq. I obviously can't reveal his name.

Is it Mr Frosty?

B00005NK20.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
angel.gif

Last edited:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
It does sound possible but I guess we will NEVER know the truth. Just like we will never know the whole truth behind 9/11 etc.

Anyway, who cares about Saddam now anyway? he is dead, who cares how he was caught.

BlueWhite

Dec 28, 2003
A woman from Brighton (an Albion fan no less) who was in Iraq when Saddam was arrested wrote on her blog that when news spead of his arrest everyone went to cafes, anywhere with a Tv and there was general rejoicing... until people began to spot that there were dates on the trees around Saddam as he was pulled out of his hole, which placed the 'capture' in the late summer. His 'arrest' was announced on December 14th (at a time co-inciding with prime time US TV news). The US obviously had military reasons for delaying the announcement and thought they could lie about when it happened and assume Iragi people wouldn't notice.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
readingstockport said:
I suspect that if the Kurds had caught him they would have slaughtered him immediately. In two minds on the truth of it.

Not if they could trade him to the Americans for something worth more than just vengeance...like money or aid?

Downloaded Penguin said:
Not if they could trade him to the Americans for something worth more than just vengeance...like money or aid?

That was the story I heard, they were holding out for autonomy for Kurdistan. If they were looks like they got a bit shagged over by Bush as well doesn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here