Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The true legacy of the Gus Bus

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
My two nephews were plastic Manure fans thanks to my prat of a brother, but are both Albion converts having been taken to the Amex by their Granddad.

I am afraid that this is unacceptable. Glad it has been corrected by Granddad. It only takes one game to convince the little people of the right path. I have primed my mate (not footy fan) that his 2 yr old will be taken to watch the Albion as soon as he is big enough.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So true mate, we have missed out on a generation... us 40 somethings (and olders) and kids taken by their parents are going right now. We have lost the 20 somethings, they will come back in a few years.

I even delayed having children to avoid them growing up supporting some other dross. They are both now Albion fans and the boy is hooked as a session ticket holder wearing his stripes with pride

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
Still plenty of way to go up in Burgess hill. At my sons U10 training last night only 2 Brighton shirts out of 15, and at my other sons U7 training this morning only 2 out of 18.

Pleased to report that both my sons were in the stripes.....spreading the word

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ooh, this reminds me of a little story, I meant to share...

At my son's training last week (please note my location) the tally of shirts was:
6 x Saints
2 x Spurs
1 x Liverpool
1 x Albion

Whilst they are warming up, of of the Saints lads turns to mine, as says "Those gold arm patches are cool. how do you get gold ones?"....

:lol: What did he say back?!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Ooh, this reminds me of a little story, I meant to share...

At my son's training last week (please note my location) the tally of shirts was:
6 x Saints
2 x Spurs
1 x Liverpool
1 x Albion

Whilst they are warming up, of of the Saints lads turns to mine, as says "Those gold arm patches are cool. how do you get gold ones?"....
Masterchef-Gregg-Wallace.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Watching my son train with his under 9 team tonight I realised that eight of the 12 boys were wearing the new albion kit! (including my son - the away keepers top)
Whatever happens this season this is the lasting triumph.
Great stuff. All aboard.
Classic

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Yes - Kids wearing Albion shirts in the streets has certainly increased since Gus has worked his magic - long may it continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here